Mt St Helens Ride

huck

11 hours ago, huck said:

Thanks for all the updates. those roads, 25 and 99, have been deteriorating for years, and the "Repairs" which are now simply a dump of gravel into a sink hole are no fun at all. I do love it up there and don't mind going slow if necessary, but freely admit I loved riding those roads fast in the past... and sincerely hope there are funds available to fix those roads someday. It is unfortunate how much deferred maintenance is happening in our forests and parks....

And thanks daboo, the west entrance ride is still a possible, but I agree there are many other rides available.

If you're in the area, let me know and I'll be glad to show you around.  The North Cascades Highway has some easily missed spots off the main highway that are worth stopping for.

Artist Point up at Mt. Baker is a bucket list ride IMHO.  I ride both several times a year and never get tired of them.

I've been through every state west of the Continental Divide (except New Mexico), and through Alberta and British Columbia.  The worst roads are found in the Puget Sound area.  And I don't see it getting any better, ever.

Chris

Yo Chris,

I used to spend a lot of time up your way riding there, and climbing and skiing on Mt Ranier. But I know that I haven't seen half of it. When this "Situation" cools down and we can travel freely again, I'll take you up on it!

Thanks again.

Victor