Sign in to follow this  
roadwarrior

How to attach a RAM Mount to a Madstad screen

Hi all,

I currently have a Madstad screen and want to use a RAM Mount so I can use my phone GPS on the bike.

I believe the Madstad mounting bracket is designed to facilitate the Ram Mount.

Do I just get the standard ball base or is there a special base that I'm supposed to get?

RAM-B-202U.jpg

5 hours ago, roadwarrior said:

Hi all,

I currently have a Madstad screen and want to use a RAM Mount so I can use my phone GPS on the bike.

Do I just get the standard ball base or is there a special base that I'm supposed to get?

RAM-B-202U.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

12 hours ago, roadwarrior said:

Hi all,

RAM-B-202U.jpg

This clutch/brake mount is a little less obtrusive and aligns perfectly with the Madstad holes.

Where do you live, RW? I'm in Idaho now, but I grew up in Duluth and get back there often.

ram.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

With Madstad already being much bigger than the stock screen, will mounting additional equipment on the bracket not put too much stress on the frame of the cockpit?

Any additional gear that one would mount there doesn't compare in the slightest to the forces being applied by the screen itself.

• Thumbsup 1

9 hours ago, supersport said:

This clutch/brake mount is a little less obtrusive and aligns perfectly with the Madstad holes.

Where do you live, RW? I'm in Idaho now, but I grew up in Duluth and get back there often.

I live in Hermantown, just outside of Duluth.

If you're ever back this way on the bike, look me up and we'll go for a ride.

• Thumbsup 1

On 8/16/2020 at 11:38 AM, supersport said:

ram.jpg

How does this effect the air flow? The Madstad is supposed to have that gap between the mount and the windshield to dissipate the turbulence.

On 9/30/2020 at 6:26 PM, smckenzie said:

How does this effect the air flow? The Madstad is supposed to have that gap between the mount and the windshield to dissipate the turbulence.

I've had mine mounted for a few weeks now and don't notice a difference either in air flow or noise level.

OY6pMke.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

Posted (edited)

7Aw7JatuBYV0JtvbYuObcCbcYZEVsNcZfPfTjbHwOFzyVG5TzNPydjjssx78h9lu-1O2UTAfiHpJWXR0gQYGrJCWRpyoSPQeen7IT-KszNTx-G_kBvmHf7I4eN-89wVsXwOitUVmgNwCbgAUW_De2qStJmhE2-jc1ZlsFc-c7vdD5f3oHvaWbfzWbGNNZF8a99m79m4IcmrTqSwGekUY4czELCgtlvNNqwT-du9mG0usv9pv_MJkt-r90mcFpAc_zEa-xguoU1pmlTt8VeTcb2t72R7rm0hlQGjFOdqJf_oJoRC51QAECUPuAYfnMqOUt-b9ipAm9IWhYJJRFE_11DGr2GsNF-xTYlIwy8AenrnmKaBW4bphlTeMI6IYqb4-OM_WVwp_WaEkMcfEk_GbhGBblPh_hBu82f5OYNsQGPzK0B4xeFkjeq51aqlTeCwnrV5kU40bTeaCP_MJfUuPOEwlvq0-nqcyEC1PWBkVD-eK6rqU3fC-3DvuaEkW-jckiPFuRa7K0B2DWj6fFbTPJmsz3-qkLLGPyEqk6tnz50vg5Kc85TQx-6JA6fnmXO0Fo2bUtGvXp9S4v8DzDOcVmO56bmiR29EZ6-U8kuGx6UvtiXqVaqLl5s7AhwwcENHGWL-YBIt8k_dETf8um1apAIJmNXpJ8x8usKn31JfybM12-h-x42dM5hu8zTKN6YA=w1718-h1289-no?authuser=0

Its possible to accommodate 2 mounts as well

Edited by quaxum