YAMAHA MT-09 SP

wordsmith

On 8/16/2020 at 10:28 AM, tktplz said:

That looks a lot like our FZ09 here in the states besides the KYB and the Ohlins.

Your MT09 in the states.  They're MT09's everywhere now, Yamaha dropped the FZ branding in NA in 2018.  

The difference is the SP - the SP model is a much improved version vs the base MT09. There's base MT09's over the water tooz the just also get the "polished" version.

• Thumbsup 1

On 8/17/2020 at 9:01 PM, jdavis said:

Wordy, you need to get with the FaceBook kiddies. MT09 Australia will tell you all you need from the owners.

BTW, a fellow rider I know had a Nine T, and sold it for a Tracer. First run was the Silo ride, and it had to be shipped down from Townsville.

There is an FZ Owners' Forum, with a sub-Forum relating to the MT-09, but it seems very light-on compared to this resource, and probably not of much use to me right now as I cannot see - from a very hasty sqizz - any references to the SP (which i know is very little different to the base MT-09 apart from the suspenders and paint job).

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

On 8/19/2020 at 9:06 PM, jdavis said:

I think that is all.

If I really want to drill right down, there's the above, plus things you'd probably hardly notice: some blue stitching on the seat: SP decals on the wheel rims: black 'bar and levers: blue wheels rims: not much (if any) more.   But it's a tasty-looking package, tho' I doubt it's for me.   I have to say that I do see a lot of MT-09s about, far more than Tracers, which remain pretty elusive.

Edited by wordsmith

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.