Painted Silo ride

50 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

Superb photos!  Oh, and the bike is nice, too.   Although I’m not particularly fond of the pin-striping on the rear tire...   :) 

It looks good for another 1000 mile at least, if you can find a completely twisty road with zero straights.

• Haha 3

• Supporting Member
27 minutes ago, Stew said:

It looks good for another 1000 mile at least...

Karma:  It’s real.  I made fun of that tire, then smugly went out for my own ride.   

50 feet after leaving the driveway, it became apparent that something was terribly wrong...   :( 

590F670E-CD3C-407C-88FD-20CE9FD01379.thumb.jpeg.20c9cf2ed6249c12db6831b3e9621625.jpeg

EB54C30A-2202-4C66-B04E-8923C8B04F41.thumb.jpeg.d3865a85e4c1bd9fe6525184798a0aa4.jpeg

Yes, that’s two separate nails in the same tire.  Ugh.  I must have picked them up at the end of my last ride...  

• Sad 3

4 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

Karma:  It’s real.  I made fun of that tire, then smugly went out for my own ride.   

50 feet after leaving the driveway, it became apparent that something was terribly wrong...   :( 

Yes, that’s two separate nails in the same tire.  Ugh.  I must have picked them up at the end of my last ride...  

Oooft. Are they repairable with those worm things? I've used them before with great success.

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
19 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

That sucks, and on a nearly new tire as well... ☹️  I would at least try some tire plugs and see how they hold up.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

18 minutes ago, betoney said:

That sucks, and on a nearly new tire as well... ☹️  I would at least try some tire plugs and see how they hold up.

I used the worm things on my vstrom, and rode it for another 3000 miles, at all sorts of speeds, I forgot all about them once I had the tyre(tire) inflated again.

• Thumbsup 1

5 hours ago, jdavis said:

In Australia, artists are painting the outback grain silos, went and had a look at two of them.

20200814-DSC02477.jpg

20200815-DSC02491.jpg

117864423_304485737294123_585902967758081760_n.jpg

Those silos look impressive. And it looks like you got the good out of that rear tire for sure. Good Job! Best to do it on a ride by yourself. Don't want to be at a meet and be "That Guy", LOL!

Do the troopers there have bad eyes???? Hell of a license plate ya got there. I'm sure it helps with wheelies.

Edited by tktplz
  • Like 2

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Stew said:

I used the worm things on my vstrom, and rode it for another 3000 miles, at all sorts of speeds, I forgot all about them once I had the tyre(tire) inflated again.

As long as it holds pressure and poses no safety issues! 👍

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

7 minutes ago, betoney said:

As long as it holds pressure and poses no safety issues! 👍

Yep. It was weeks later that I noticed that on the pack it said , for use to a max speed of 40mph. I was flat out on the bike loads of times , ooops.
Wore that tyre (tire) out with the sticky worm thing in it, no prob.
If it was the front, maybe I'd have replaced it though.

• Thumbsup 1

2 hours ago, tktplz said:

And it looks like you got the good out of that rear tire for sure. Good Job! Best to do it on a ride by yourself. Don't want to be at a meet and be "That Guy", LOL!

Heh...I know "that guy". On a week long tour with 4 others, one of my riding buddies decided that he didn't need a new tire after tracking his bike the previous season (this was all unbeknownst to us). We had just ridden the very excellent VT #17 and stopped for fuel and a snack at the station at the top of the mountain. As we stood there chatting and raving about how great the ride up had been, i noticed something "shiny" on my pals rear tire...sure enough, he was down to the cords. We were at least 2 hours from base camp. "Luckily" there was a Ducati dealership within 30 minutes ride and we were able to get him a new tire, but it ended up costing us 2 hours of riding in Vermont and sitting around waiting.I told him next time, he's getting left there and he can catch/meet up later. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2