In need of some advice on footpegs

Michiel900GT

• Supporting Member
27 minutes ago, Michiel900GT said:

I can lower the gear pedal by adjusting the rod with which the pedal is attached to the quick shifter.

Does anyone know if I can lower the pedal some more by adjusting the upper attachment point (see red circle)?

2008206565_20200830_1708402.thumb.jpg.283d0da77ff43371361c80d1bf9c4ef7.jpg

I don't know why moving it a few teeth lower would have any adverse effect.  Are the adjusters on the lower rod already at their max adjustment?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
3 minutes ago, Michiel900GT said:

Yes, they are. The pegs will become 30mm lower and so I need the pedal to be a bit more down.

I have changed the shifter/ angle on my dirtbikes frequently, they don't have the linkage arm, shifter is connected directly to shift shaft.  It should take you a minute or two to lower it a few teeth to find out if the angle works for you.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 2 weeks later...

So yesterday I finally installed the MFW Vario footpeg. Or at least the one on the right side. 

What I liked:

- the fact that the peg moves down 35mm is really nice

What I didn't like:

- the fact that the peg really comes out to the side, forcing your foot in a uncomfortable position to reach the brake pedal

- the fact that due to the construction (which is angled and works in steps), the peg either moves bit forward or a bit to the rear. Both are not good for me.

So, I took it off and the pegs are up for sale.

Now I'm looking into the Knight Design pegs. I did like the 20-35mm lowering of the MFW, but KD only makes 1" (25mm) or 1.5" (38mm). I'm afraid 38mm might be too far down and might be giving issues with the brake/gear pedals.

Edited by Michiel900GT
Addition made

• 1 year later...
On 9/13/2020 at 5:04 AM, Michiel900GT said:

So yesterday I finally installed the MFW Vario footpeg. Or at least the one on the right side. 

What I liked:

- the fact that the peg moves down 35mm is really nice

What I didn't like:

- the fact that the peg really comes out to the side, forcing your foot in a uncomfortable position to reach the brake pedal

- the fact that due to the construction (which is angled and works in steps), the peg either moves bit forward or a bit to the rear. Both are not good for me.

So, I took it off and the pegs are up for sale.

Now I'm looking into the Knight Design pegs. I did like the 20-35mm lowering of the MFW, but KD only makes 1" (25mm) or 1.5" (38mm). I'm afraid 38mm might be too far down and might be giving issues with the brake/gear pedals.

What did you finally end up going with? Debating between the 1 and 1.5 as well