accessory fly leads under instrument cluster

wessie

• Premium Member
I've been waiting for my OEM Shop Manual but in the interim I've been proceeding with several mods. 
Are the 4 accessory plugs referenced and shown accessible by removing the wind screen assembly or instrument panel (the latter would seem more involved)?

Thx

Never mind, I found and visited this link http://dzell.net/manual/led-manual.html and now understand.  Still a PITA

Nope, so simple, even a caveman could do it. Remove windscreen, 2 minutes. Remove underlying bracket 3 minutes. Full access after that.  
20151114_160955_zpsxizpaxbp.jpg

Connectors_zpsagituusx.jpg

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been waiting for my OEM Shop Manual but in the interim I've been proceeding with several mods. 
Are the 4 accessory plugs referenced and shown accessible by removing the wind screen assembly or instrument panel (the latter would seem more involved)?

Thx

Never mind, I found and visited this link http://dzell.net/manual/led-manual.html and now understand.  Still a PITA

Nope, so simple, even a caveman could do it. Remove windscreen, 2 minutes. Remove underlying bracket 3 minutes. Full access after that.
Just make sure to undo the plastic fasteners properly, by pressing the hole in the middle, not by prying them up. 

• 3 weeks later...
Hello

This is my first post of this forum :) and it will be a little of topic because not about fly leads but only for connector

I'm a little confused. Anybody know exactly what type of male connector should I use to plug in to the black square AUX ?
I found only answers about grey plug but I am not sure about black. I checked in local Yamaha dealer but without and success. They don't have any part numbers of connectors.

Can you give me part number from this link http://www.cycleterminal.com/mt-series-090.html ?

THX for help

• 5 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Thanks, I'm going to investigate the connectors now!

Thx

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Thanks, I'm going to investigate the connectors now! 

What connectors did you use????  I have installed the Dzell LED's and run the cable to the 12V accessory plug but how do I connect the bare wires to the female end of the plug.  The package didnt come with anything and the instructions just say "Connect the LED to 12v spare terminals" but how the heck am I supposed to do that?

• 3 months later...
I was thinking about increasing fuse amp rating from stock 2.5 amp to 7.5 amp as mentioned in previous thread. Then I realized the circuit will work with any fuse larger than 2.5 amp, but only as long as the amperage does not exceed the capacity of wiring/connectors. The problem is when something shorts out, the larger capacity fuse may not blow out at high amps caused by a short and amps go higher than the wire/connectors can tolerate without burning. In other words, the circuit will work with higher amp fuses, if you keep total amps close to 2.5 ....... until something shorts out.

• 2 months later...
Great info, guys. Question: Where is the fuse block for the auxiliary plug? Neither block I found near the battery have any fuses smaller than 7.5a, and those look good. I managed to blow one somewhere with my voltmeter probe. :(

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Well; what I've decided is to install the 2nd 12v accessory jack on the right side ( black plug) for other accessories, sa. CB radio/ music, brake flasher and chain oiler, and use the gray jack ( power for heated clothing only when engine runs) for gerbing heated clothing, the existing left side jack i'll use for a gps already fused @2a. the right side plug i'm adding needs to be 5A for the Gerbing gloves and socks. My question would be can I just replace the 2A w/ a 5A fuse, or will need a relay and secondary power. I don't know if the accessory plug, wiring, connectors, and it's power buss will handle additional load  ?  

[span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span]Thanks, [span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span]Howie...

Archived