Darold

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, MrFritz86 said:

Like the all gray 

6C56DDA1-FE55-4CE4-8D4A-DB3BD77FB63A.jpeg

99C781CC-46D0-44C3-92E6-234682082244.jpeg

DE8B2371-C22E-4372-A470-ACB93AF37949.jpeg

A214658D-8882-43B3-A3D5-4A6D5293B725.jpeg

Where were those pictures taken somewhere in Europe (Holland)?

Based on them the 21 doesn't look too bad if you're in the market for something like that which I'm not cuz I and I'm not going to be letting go on my 15 for anytime soon someday Maybe

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, MrFritz86 said:

99C781CC-46D0-44C3-92E6-234682082244.jpeg

DE8B2371-C22E-4372-A470-ACB93AF37949.jpeg

What I don't understand styling-wise is the partial 'side panel' under the seat, I would prefer a complete panel to fill in that triangle area or nothing at all.  Other than that little not-pick, I rather like the matte grey model. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

32 minutes ago, whisperquiet said:

That "primer gray" must be the before picture of the final red painted T 9.

Primer grey (gray) - aka Shipping Container Grey, or Municipal Garbage Collection Truck Primer/ Undercoat Grey - was the earliest colour (or lack-of) on the first Tracers out of the factory way back...

• Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

2 hours ago, keithu said:

Same thing with PWCs. My wife wanted to buy a Seadoo in June but there were none to be had in the whole state. 

When I bought my 2020 Tracer GT in early September in Sioux Falls South Dakota, they didn't have a lot of bike but did have a showroom full of snowmobiles with lots of crates outside ready to unpack.  Went back on Saturday for the 600 mile service and the showroom was loaded with folks looking.  Some at bike but mostly at snowmobiles.  An interesting situation for someone from the deep south!  

Am I going to take a hit on the price?  Only if I trade in March.  I'm happy with my 2020 and looking forward to lots of long trips with it.  I had my BMW F800GT for 26 months and 27,000 miles and from purchase (used) to trade lost $3,300 and maintenance costs were an additional $1,500 (service contract).  IMO not too bad for the fun we had together on long trips.  Lets just not talk about how much it cost me to fix it when it broke and changed my trip!

Prior of the 2021 Tracer 9 GT is $14,500 compared to $13,000 for the 2020.  A $1,500 increase which is not too bad considering the good stuff now included.  Compared to the discounts available in late summer it is more of an increase but still well below what a new BMW F900XR costs.  I'm impressed that Yamaha appears to have listened to complaints about the suspension and high speed stability and taken further steps to improve both.  That is different than some other manufactures.

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member
8 hours ago, PhotoAl said:

Prior of the 2021 Tracer 9 GT is $14,500 compared to $13,000 for the 2020.  A $1,500 increase which is not too bad considering the good stuff now included.

I'm impressed that Yamaha appears to have listened to complaints about the suspension and high speed stability and taken further steps to improve both.  That is different than some other manufactures.

Agreed, when compared to ANY other bike in its class with similar features, the Tracer 9 GT is MUCH cheaper, the larger FJR also includes an electronic windscreen but weighs an additional 150lbs and costs $18k, the Kawasaki Versys 1000SE LT+ has the same features as the Tracer but weighs an additional 80lbs and costs over $18k as well. 

I don't mind the looks enough to dismiss it, it sounds like a FANTASTIC new bike (glad Yamaha addressed previous issues) and when you are on a road trip 2k miles from home and the bike is covered with a brown film of road grime, looks are the last thing you are concerned with, you want all day comfort, convenience features and reliability to get you 2k additional miles back home.

• Thumbsup 6

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, betoney said:

What I don't understand styling-wise is the partial 'side panel' under the seat, I would prefer a complete panel to fill in that triangle area or nothing at all.  Other than that little not-pick, I rather like the matte grey model. 

Hey! I commented on the side panel a ways back.  Not only is its shape funky but IMO it should be textured or matt black.

No one else has yet to my comment regarding the saddle being lowered a whopping 1.5 inches?!

• Supporting Member
19 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

No one else has yet to my comment regarding the saddle being lowered a whopping 1.5 inches?!

Yes, that is significant for those with a shorter inseam, I would be interested to see how the rider triangle, specifically the seat to peg distance has changed with the new frame, I wouldn't want the ergonomics to be any more cramped or compact. 

Seat height makes little difference to me, I have a custom thicker seat and can only touch my toes with both feet but never put both feet down at the same time. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, 2and3cylinders said:

That would matter a lot to me.  I'm 6', but mostly legs, and flexibility is a challenge.  That's pretty much why I got an FJ-09 in the first place:  it's a tall bike, but a light bike.  That's a combination more difficult to find than expected.  It's one of the few that I can be comfortable on all day long.

I wonder if the seat is still adjustable?

1 hour ago, mellow said:

or definitely score a lower priced 2020..

...that was my first thought, too.  Usually the last model is the best model.  I'm tempted to find a sale, but TBH my 15 is doing me fine.  About all that's missing might be heated grips and CC.

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

15 hours ago, ZigMerid said:

Is that really the case? I thought that C19 had caused a significant increase in people buying "entertainment" vehicles such as motorbikes, 4wds, campers, caravans, scooters, mountainbikes and the like. Anecdotally I've heard it's very hard to find good used motorbikes because people are buying the market dry.

In that context, it may be that Yammy are taking advantage of the situation and selling a premium GT9 while the market is hot.

Traditionally motorcycles have one of the highest drops in value off the show room floor.   And that seems to still be the case seeing what used bikes even 2019's are getting on the used market.  That is my comment.   I dont think the Tracer 9's are going to drive down the value of the the 900's to any level beyond what used bikes drop already. 

• Thumbsup 2