2021 GT Updates

Darold

2 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

No one else has yet to my comment regarding the saddle being lowered a whopping 1.5 inches?!

The lower seat is fine if you walk the bike a lot.    But in general a higher seat is more comfortable when riding.  The bike is a few inches too tall for me to flat foot with both feet, but when riding I prefer the seat in the taller position.   I am curious if the lower seat/lower pegs  = even more lean angle interference than the current tracer already struggles with. 

• Thumbsup 1

20 hours ago, nocny said:

on the contrary, because Kawasaki offered (in 2021y) a model almost like the SE version but without an electrically controlled suspension. This makes versys a little cheaper. So now versys comes in three versions Versys (poorest), Versys S (almost like SE but without electrically suspension), Versys SE  (full).

It’s nice that Kawasaki offers the 3 versions where you are located.  Here in the USA, they only offer the SE LT+ and it does not include the rear trunk, as I believe your SE does.  

14 hours ago, wordsmith said:

Primer grey (gray) - aka Shipping Container Grey, or Municipal Garbage Collection Truck Primer/ Undercoat Grey - was the earliest colour (or lack-of) on the first Tracers out of the factory way back...

Yamaha is calling it "Camo" - it actually has a hint of green if you look closely.

These were taken at a dealership in Holland - the location of Yamaha Europe HQ.

Rob

4 hours ago, betoney said:

Yes, that is significant for those with a shorter inseam, I would be interested to see how the rider triangle, specifically the seat to peg distance has changed with the new frame, I wouldn't want the ergonomics to be any more cramped or compact. 

Seat height makes little difference to me, I have a custom thicker seat and can only touch my toes with both feet but never put both feet down at the same time. 

The rider pegs are height adjustable on the 9 GT (two positions).

Rob 

• Thumbsup 1

On the topic of bike sales etc., when I was at my dealership (I'm in Ontario, Canada) the other week the sales manager told me that street bike sales have been way down. The sales of ATVs and dirt bikes have really taken off. Kind of lines up with what others have said above in regards to snowmobiles and PWCs.

Rob

5 minutes ago, rlambke19 said:

Does it bother anyone else that the new dash is so wide that it sticks out beyond the front "fairing" and windscreen?

It doesn't, that's just an optical illusion due to the angle... go look at the head-on pics... the shield covers it.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
16 minutes ago, rlambke19 said:

Does it bother anyone else that the new dash is so wide that it sticks out beyond the front "fairing" and windscreen?

Need to see it in person to know for sure. I can see having to clean the bugs off the back of it. 😕

Rob

Inkedtracer9_LI.jpg

6C56DDA1-FE55-4CE4-8D4A-DB3BD77FB63A.jpeg

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Clem Fandango said:

Looks like they also replaced the tiny sport bike pegs with the same ones that come on the Niken.

Maybe. Some photos show larger, rubber topped footpegs. That includes the photos from the dealership in Holland, so let's hope those are production models and that's how it will be worldwide. 

But if you look at the 360 degree image on Yamaha's USA website, it shows the crappy little shorty pegs as found on the previous Tracer and FJ. 

Let's hope the 360 image is wrong. 

• Supporting Member

Can anyone make sense of the front lights?  Are the lower spotlight looking lights the actual headlights? and are the standard headlight looking lights the cornering lights?  In the video it has the single spot light lit, so I assume the small lower lights are the headlights on low beam?

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

looks like the lower lights are the headlights - notice only one is on  - low beam I presume.  @betony thanks for the closeup pic.  It really shows the front detail which convinces me more that the look is better more complex than the photos show.  Really want to see one in person even more now.  They went in a new direction with the styling, not super radical but not a simple evolution.  IMO has lost a lot most of its insectoid look.  Still like my 2020 but also like the new bike.  I'm not planning on trading - too busy thinking about where I'm going to ride my bike next summer.  Hopefully I can get a couple of long trips in along with some short ones.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1