2021 GT Updates

Darold

17 hours ago, mellow said:

It doesn't, that's just an optical illusion due to the angle... go look at the head-on pics... the shield covers it.

You're right @mellow

I guess I am just used to a dash being tucked inside/behind the front fairing - I don't want to see it from the front of the bike at all. But that's just my aesthetic. I've owned too many traditional sport touring bikes I guess. 😉

Rob

Edited by rlambke19

5 hours ago, TheBigG said:

This is a weird way to mount a oxygen sensor. The wires are pretty exposed, don't you think? 

5oaFuMw.jpg

Yeah - that looks hap-hazard. And to just slap a cable-tie on it and strap it to the rad hose seems rather chincy.

It's odd - some things about this bike seem well thought out and some seem like they were rushing to get it to market.

Rob

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, TheBigG said:

This is a weird way to mount a oxygen sensor. The wires are pretty exposed, don't you think? 

5oaFuMw.jpg

Yes, I definitely think the wiring could be routed a bit more inconspicuously.  I'm sure Ermax will make a belly pan for the new model to hide that area like on previous models.

belly pan ermax for mt 09/fj 9 tracer 2018 /2020

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
26 minutes ago, rlambke19 said:

Here's a page from a Yamaha dealership in Scotland which sums up the new Tracer 9 nicely - better than the Yamaha site does, imo.

The latest news and offers from Yamaha at MCS Scotland Ltd

That is a very thorough feature break-down.  Very impressed that Yamaha did a complete ground-up remodel and not just add new electronics on the 5-year old platform.

• Thumbsup 4

• Supporting Member
22 minutes ago, mellow said:

In this video you can see the cornering lights come on a couple times.

I have to admit, the new design is really growing on me.  Like anything brand new and different, it takes a bit to adjust and acclimate to, I still wouldn't give the aesthetics an A+ but the more I see and read about the new model, the more I like it.

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
2 minutes ago, rlambke19 said:

Are you thinking of making the switch @betoney?

Rob

I don't see myself getting rid of my current bike this upcoming year, perhaps in another year or 2?  I am very impressed with where Yamaha is taking this bike as a sport-tourer.  From all of the videos posted here, the bike still seems plenty sporty with ample acceleration and agility and has all of the features I could ask for without becoming a Goldwing.

• Thumbsup 1

1 minute ago, Clem Fandango said:

What I'm not seeing is the front turn signals on as DRLs.  Is that still required in the US? If so we may be getting pumpkins again.

The super ten in the US has them as running/signal lights so probably will get those.

5 minutes ago, Clem Fandango said:

What I'm not seeing is the front turn signals on as DRLs.  Is that still required in the US? If so we may be getting pumpkins again.

The "top" set of headlights have LED strips that are always on - I think these are considered the new DRT.

Rob 

2 hours ago, rlambke19 said:

Here's a page from a Yamaha dealership in Scotland which sums up the new Tracer 9 nicely

I stopped reading when I came to this bit

no other vehicle comes close to matching the thrill and excitement of two wheels 

Oh YES YES YES !!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rlambke19 said:

Yeah - that looks hap-hazard. And to just slap a cable-tie on it and strap it to the rad hose seems rather chincy.

At least the hose looks like it's on and not about to come off 

• Haha 4