2021 GT Updates

Darold

44 minutes ago, daboo said:

Dumb.  And to record it and publicize it for all the world to see, is even dumber.

Chris

Welcome to the internet, it used to be just fake internet points, now these morons get paid for clicks.

• Premium Member

My perspective, worth every penny you paid for it.......

From his footage, it looked like he started in the right portion of his lane. moving toward the inside of the blind turn, but inexplicably, once he saw the oncoming vehicle, he stood the bike up and drifted left across his lane into the oncoming lane and hit the vehicle. It looks like target fixation was the cause.

If he had just continued the line he set initially, he would have been fine.

47 minutes ago, DavidS said:

My perspective, worth every penny you paid for it.......

From his footage, it looked like he started in the right portion of his lane. moving toward the inside of the blind turn, but inexplicably, once he saw the oncoming vehicle, he stood the bike up and drifted left across his lane into the oncoming lane and hit the vehicle. It looks like target fixation was the cause.

If he had just continued the line he set initially, he would have been fine.

He stated he got on the brakes and that's what saved him... IMO... that's what was the issue, as you said, the bike stood up.. which usually happens in a curve when you stand on the brakes... best to trust your tires, lean it and throttle out... glad it wasn't worse.

• Thumbsup 3

1 hour ago, mellow said:

He stated he got on the brakes and that's what saved him... IMO... that's what was the issue, as you said, the bike stood up.. which usually happens in a curve when you stand on the brakes... best to trust your tires, lean it and throttle out... glad it wasn't worse.

Maybe Keith will send him the book about how to ride a motorcycle.  And Thanks Keith!  My last crash.

• Thumbsup 1

Wow, how many miles under his wheels I wonder.  Real beginner phuck up.

For some strange reason some of these guys seem to take pride in crashing and surviving.

search on YouTube for “the wrist” and “two-wheel jesus” for more of the same.  In a video I saw Two Wheel rear ended the wrist and landed in the hospital with brain injuries.  Yikes.

Edited by nhchris
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

Yea not a pretty video for sure.  Never had a R6 but had a CBR600RR and a couple of ZX6R 636s.  Looked like he just drifted over into the truck.  R6 is a super responsive bike and just a flick on the bars would have put it back on the correct side of the road.  Yea I've "drifted" over the center line twice!  Both times were way more lean angle and a genuine oops on my part.  Both times should have pushed on the bars a bit and would have been fine.  Have ridden in a lot of wind and you need quick movements to counteract the wind but have never had that happen.  

Looks to me like he was busy talking and recording and was very loose in his bike control in the way he went from the left side of the lane to the right and back again.  Didn't seem to be leaning much and don't think he was going super fast.  Careless bike handling, excited about new bike and how wonderful it was and didn't ride sharp or smart.  Started rifting and object focused and boom!  He is lucky as it could have been much worse.  

Thanks for posting I like to look at videos like this one and try and figure out what they did wrong and what would be the correct response so if I'm ever in that situation what would I do?  Had a situation on my ZX6R when I misjudged an entrance ramp corner, was loaded with saddlebags and a a small duffle on the rear seat but a full tank bag.  Tried to brake hard but a series of lumps in the pavement from big trucks and I didn't get the expected braking.  I'm thinking oops too fast but remembered, lean it over and trust the tires - I did and made it no drama but could have put a knee down!  Looked at the tires later and had them all the way to the edge, don't ride to the edge as want a safety margin.  Well I used that safety margin and it bailed me out!  

Daboo I totally agree.

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, daboo said:

He'll never admit it was his fault.  

And unfortunately won’t learn from his mistakes (plural) that compounded into a nasty outcome.

I’ve seen it so many times:  Turn in too soon and too shallow, then arrive at mid-corner pointed the wrong way as the curve continues around without you.   Off-throttle (or even worse, on the front brakes) and it just continues to push, and a textbook case of target fixation just seals his fate.   All at a speed that should have been a non-issue to safely negotiate the corner without drama.   

The guy in the truck was trying to get out of the way (all the way over to the far side of his lane), which is the only reason it wasn’t a full head-on impact.   

Sorry to drag us back on topic!

So, the more and more that I look at the new GT - the more I like it. To the point where I can't see myself purchasing a 2019 or 2020 model. I know that's an unpopular opinion for sure, but I just happen to find myself in the situation where I am in the market for a bike. If I still had my 2019, I'm not so sure I'd be as tempted away, but alas that is not the case.

I love the silver and black version, but just need to get my head around those blue wheels.

Rob

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, rlambke19 said:

but alas that is not the case

Don't sound so apologetic, as its base is the Tracer it will be a fantastic bike. I like the new look and as I said in a previous post I will wait to see it in the metal before I will fix my opinion on its looks. But that will not take anything away from the riding experience and that's the important bit. 

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member
28 minutes ago, rlambke19 said:

I love the silver and black version, but just need to get my head around those blue wheels.

Same here, the silver kind of reminds me of my past 2006 Liquid Silver FZ1. 

• Thumbsup 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 hour ago, rlambke19 said:

Sorry to drag us back on topic!

So, the more and more that I look at the new GT - the more I like it. To the point where I can't see myself purchasing a 2019 or 2020 model. I know that's an unpopular opinion for sure, but I just happen to find myself in the situation where I am in the market for a bike. If I still had my 2019, I'm not so sure I'd be as tempted away, but alas that is not the case.

Rob

Totally agree with you.  At first I really didn't like the look but seeing more and better photos and videos it has grown on me.    If I were looking to buy a bike today would defiantly wait until March or April but I like my 2020 and it was $3,000 less than the new one.  I was planning on riding till it wore out but may put 30,000 miles on it and then trade for a new model in 3 years.  

• Thumbsup 2