2021 GT Updates

Darold

On 1/23/2021 at 6:09 PM, nhchris said:

Big benefit of my shaft drive ST was it was QUIET at speed.  FJ chain, sprocket and xmission noise not good!

I wear earplugs and for some reason it blocks everything but the transmission noise. Almost seems to amplify it. The few times I drive without plugs, never noticed it.

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, fjray said:

Wear earplugs.

It’s best to do that either way. Years of riding without them has taken its toll on my hearing. 

• Thumbsup 1

Let’s go Brandon

What is the price difference in your countries  for 2021 Tracer as compare to 2020 Tracer GT, same or higher or lower.  over here, rumours has it will launch next month, not sure if with panniers or without panniers and no pricing. 

• Supporting Member
19 minutes ago, WKE002 said:

What is the price difference in your countries  for 2021 Tracer as compare to 2020 Tracer GT, same or higher or lower.  over here, rumours has it will launch next month, not sure if with panniers or without panniers and no pricing. 

In North America, the 2021 Tracer 9 GT will be available in April for $1,900 more than the 2020 Tracer GT and includes panniers.

img.jpg?id=5fac72a52a0ab7057cc78001&w=40

2021 Yamaha Tracer 9 GT Sport Touring Motorcycle

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

13 hours ago, WKE002 said:

What is the price difference in your countries  for 2021 Tracer as compare to 2020 Tracer GT

In Australia, the 2020 GT price has been all over the shop. The official Yammy site originally had it listed at 18K but now lists it at 20.4K. The current dealers are now selling the remaining few for anywhere between 18.5K to 21K - presumably to offload stock. So no stable MSRP like there is in some other countries.

Converting to USD pricing gives a range of between $13.8K and $16.1K. This includes taxes and is close to an "out-the-door" price.

I don't see any 2021 Tracer 9 prices yet but will update this thread when they become available - if they decide to sell it here.

13 hours ago, betoney said:

and includes panniers

But don't all GTs include panniers? My understanding is that the 2021 Tracer 9 is effectively only the GT model with the lower-specd non-GT model not being offered.

Edited by ZigMerid
  • Thumbsup 1

am guessing we take US as benchmark, will see increase around the globe as compared to 2020 GT, based on MRSP. 

ZigMerid , in our country, the pannier has been removed/not provided and its locally assemble, not fully imported, guess to keep the price down. here MRSP for 2019/2020 Tracer GT WITHOUT the panniers is going for USD14,362 (at current exchange rate), yes, big bike are expensive to own here. 

• Thumbsup 1

12 hours ago, betoney said:

In North America, the 2021 Tracer 9 GT will be available in April for $1,900 more than the 2020 Tracer GT and includes panniers.

img.jpg?id=5fac72a52a0ab7057cc78001&w=40

2021 Yamaha Tracer 9 GT Sport Touring Motorcycle

That's USD.

It's around $2400 more in Canadian dollars (one of the other parts of North America) 😉

We are only getting the GT model in North America as far as I know.

Rob

Edited by rlambke19
  • Thumbsup 1

22 hours ago, rodb47 said:

I wear earplugs and for some reason it blocks everything but the transmission noise. Almost seems to amplify it. The few times I drive without plugs, never noticed it.

This drive train is so much quieter than the last 3 Suzuki V-Stroms I've owned.

• Thumbsup 1

On 1/24/2021 at 2:22 PM, ZigMerid said:

... my biggest fear wrt the 2021 Tracer 9 is that Mr Yamaha might decide not to sell it in my region.

So I spoke to the local Yammy dealer today and they assure me that they will be stocking the 2021 Tracer 9 but they do not yet have an MSRP or an availability date. They assured me the price will be higher, no surprise there.

I don't think they were blowing smoke up my tailpipe as they would otherwise be pushing me towards something else in their lineup.

As it happens, about 15 minutes later the first GT I've seen IRL, passed by. I take this as a positive sign. Now all I have to do is scrape together a lot of pennies towards the cause.

• Thumbsup 2

I'm glad I got my bike when I did.  Got a great price and not knowing the 21 was going to be changed I was super happy - and I'm still supper happy.  I like a bargain!  LOL 2 weeks ago Chevy sent my wife a brochure saying they will give her (us) an extra $1,000 in bonus cash in addition to our GM Card earnings towards a new Chevy and then it goes on to say that's an extra $3,000 off a Bolt.  I quickly put my mental calculator in gear and twisted the spending handgrip and dumped the clutch!  Wahoo that PLUS the $17,000 off a dealer had PLUS the extra $750 for my Ford van and boom I'm out the door for a little over $21,000 for a car that sticker'd for just over $44,000!  No trade or anything just lots of discounts!!!  That was for the Premier version, could have had an LT for about $4,000 less.  Made my son--in-law a deal he could turn down on my Volt and everyone is happy.  Yea they are coming out with a new version late this year as a 22 but it will be lots more expensive.  Even if I got $10,000 off of a new one it would still be $10,000 more than I paid.   So now I've got a good car for when I can't take the bike.   Like during lightning storm, when there is snow on the ground, when my wife wants to ride with me and when I take the twin grandkids for milkshakes.  For everything else there is a Tracer GT.

Edited by PhotoAl
  • Thumbsup 1

23 minutes ago, PhotoAl said:

I'm glad I got my bike when I did.

It's a huge dilemma. Right now, dealers are clearing their 2020 GT stock at some pretty good prices and the 2021 Tracer9 is going to be at least $2K more expensive with almost zero room to negotiate.

What's that expression? You forget the savings the day after but you remember the limitations for years? I've rarely ever regretted going "up market" and often regretted going for the bargain, but it sounds like your experience is the exact opposite.

What do people think? Take the bargain 2020 or wait for the premo 2021?

• Thumbsup 2

Was informed, at least in my country, locally assemble, they will launch the Tracer 9 first and rumours would be the same price as 2020 Tracer GT.  While Tracer 9 GT no news yet. If i read somewhere, they are only selling the Tracer 9GT in USA and Tracer 9 wont be selling, at least in the US. 

• Premium Member

I'd go for the 21 Tracer 9 GT over a 20 without a doubt!  The 21 is hands-on IMO worth the extra dosh!

That said, I've invested way too much time and cash in my fastest red 15 to consider a 21 or anything, especially not knowing how I'll be after my back surgery.  I just want to have a lot less pain and be able to mount and dismount my FJ without having to use the left foot peg like a horse saddle stirrup and not worry the side stand will give way.  Pushing forward from up on the center stand is very difficult, embarrassing when it takes 3 attempts, and risky if you don't immediately grab the front brake correctly and keep from tipping sideways and fall over in a heap. 

• Thumbsup 3

On 1/22/2021 at 11:00 PM, micah2074 said:

I don’t understand what you’re saying? Yamaha currently offers two bikes that cover what I want in my next motorcycle. The FJR and the Super tenere. Both are great at going to far away places. Both are shaft driven. 

But there is your answer.

The FJ/Tracer leans toward the sport side of Sport Tourer. There are many other touring and adventure bikes that offer shaft drives. To turn the FJ/Tracer into a shaft bike would be a travesty, IMO.