2021 GT Updates

Darold

2 hours ago, ZigMerid said:

Thanks for that, Rob. I must say, to my eyes there is not a lot of green in that! Which actually makes it a bit more appealing. We hardly want Kawasaki green now, do we!

Yeah - it's more of a greyish-green. I think if they offered it here, I would be tempted. 

I was a Kawi rider for many years - Kawi green has it's appeal too. But not on a Yamaha. I'll never forget how weird that Honda CBR that had lime green on it looked a few years ago. 🙂

• Thumbsup 1

On 2/17/2021 at 12:22 AM, ZigMerid said:

I just checked the Yammy website in Australia and they now have retail pricing and a paintjob that I haven't seen anywhere else. Something they are calling "Tech Kamo", which looks to be a matt black finish.

Retail pricing is $23,299.00 drive away with 12 months rego, etc. which at current exchange rates, equates to about $18K USD so we'll be paying a USD $3K premium for the privilege, compared to the good ol' USA. But maybe the US pricing doesn't include sales tax, rego and dealer delivery fees, which would make the difference closer to $1500, which I guess is tolerable.

Here's the "Kamo" image. It's an awful name but I think I like the low-key matt finish without the Yammy blurple.

Holy crap.  I paid $13k CDN for my 2019 in 2019, though it was a demo bike so it had a couple hundred KM's on it (but got it's first service done for free as well).  Aussie Dollarydoos are pretty much equivalent to our Canadian Pesos, too.  

Oof. 

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, nick@forceberg.net said:

I decided to change my order from Tech Kamo to the Icon performance color.

So what color is Icon Performance?  In the U.S. we are supposed to get "Liquid Metal" which is a white-ish silver and the "Redline",  we don't get the "Tech Camo" or the "Icon Performance". 🤷‍♀️

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

22 minutes ago, betoney said:

So what color is Icon Performance?  In the U.S. we are supposed to get "Liquid Metal" which is a white-ish silver and the "Redline",  we don't get the "Tech Camo" or the "Icon Performance". 🤷‍♀️

Icon Performance is the same as Liquid Metal for markets outside of North America. I believe it is some "homage" to the R1 racing colours or what-have-you. 

Edited by rlambke19
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rlambke19 said:

Whatever happened to @Darold? He started this monster thread and then vanished! 🙂

Looks like he may be living in an area where riding seasons don't exist. He is probably off somewhere killing corners and slaying straight-aways,. a true hero. 

23 hours ago, rlambke19 said:

MSRP is $16,999 CAD - which is the equivalent of $17,258 AUD.

Oof indeed. That Canadian MSRP (in USD ~= USD13,300) is even better than the US MSRP of $14,899.

Of course it's a bit tricky getting an apples-for-apples comparison because of taxes, registration, dealer fees and whatnot. But I've given it a shot. I'm assuming a purchase in San Fancisco, Toronto and Sydney with an "out-the-door" price which includes 12 months registration and all tax and dealer charges. The only cost I've excluded is insurance - tho I believe those locations all insists on some form of minimal insurance.

All up I get a 12 month drive-away price (converted to USD) of $16,980 in San Francisco, $15,700 in Toronto and $17,940 for Sydney. Naturally there is a bit of rounding and some guesswork on some fees. Corrections welcome of course.

So you Canadians definitely got lucky! But all-in-all, a 5% premium over California pricing isn't as much of a rip-off as it first looked.

BTW, I have to do the calc this way because the only pricing shown in Australia is an "out-the-door" price which I believe is encouraged by Consumer Protection Laws. In any event, the actually money leaving my bank account is what really matters, right?

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member
On 2/19/2021 at 7:13 AM, rlambke19 said:

Whatever happened to @Darold? He started this monster thread and then vanished! 🙂

I think you'll find the answer to your question here.....

image.png.f7902c1516be601babc9284670a57789.png

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
3 minutes ago, nick@forceberg.net said:

Yeah it's this one...

2021-Yamaha-Tracer-9-GT-30.thumb.jpg.eff97303737b6b5b655dad27dec15e3e.jpg

Looking at it from this angle, its alarming how exposed the oil sump appears to be without the exhaust to deflect some of the road debris like on the previous models.

Image result for tracer gt

• Supporting Member
10 minutes ago, nick@forceberg.net said:

Not sure that's an issue. Similar design on my Tracer 700 that I have 20000k on

Do a search on posts about hitting rocks and breaking the case open, its not pretty when it happens.  Personally, I would absolutely be looking for some sort of protection from rocks or other road debris.