2021 GT Updates

Darold

Latest "review". This guy in the UK was attending a launch of a Yamaha scooter and got his hands on a Tracer 9GT and did this impromptu review/walkaround. Not the greatest review, but at least it gives us another look at the bike in the light of day. Press launch for the new Tracer is in Barcelona in the next day or so...this is a decent stop gap until those vids hit the YouTubes.

• Thumbsup 3

Really like the bike but not sure about the dual screens.  Looks a bit like giant sunglasses with a nose between looking at me then when on the tach and speedo on the left and other stuff on the right.  I prefer having a tach and speedo central with other info on the sides.  Not a deal breaker for me but prefer the current layout.  Styling doesn't looks bad when seen from the walk around video perspective.  From the first I've thought it was better than some of the early photos showed and so far I still think that.  When on my bike I don't notice the styling but tater how it works.  They have made a number of substantial changes to the chassis, engine, layout etc that should make it a significantly better bike.  As many have already said it is apparent they listened to what their customers didn't like about the current bikes and set about resolving the complaints.

• Supporting Member
7 minutes ago, PhotoAl said:

Really like the bike but not sure about the dual screens.  Looks a bit like giant sunglasses with a nose between looking at me then when on the tach and speedo on the left and other stuff on the right.  I prefer having a tach and speedo central with other info on the sides.  Not a deal breaker for me but prefer the current layout.

I agree its not a deal breaker but the sharp angles of the gauges don't match the curvy lines of the rest of the bike, they look out of place on this bike. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Starting to hear more late-April, early May dates around the interwebs. My dealer said he'll know once it's on a ship or once it shows up. Amazing that you can get better delivery notices/orders/confirmations etc. for a $5 light bulb on  Amazon but it's basically radio silence on a $16K motorcycle. (and yes, I know that's not an apples-to-apples comparison). 🙂

Rob 

• Thumbsup 1

12 minutes ago, rlambke19 said:

Starting to hear more late-April, early May dates around the interwebs. My dealer said he'll know once it's on a ship or once it shows up

Don't gamble your shirt on a definate date in dealers. I was reading recently about the worldwide shortage of shipping containers and how covid restrictions have left thousands of them in the wrong place. The costs of transporting with a 40 ft. container has also more than doubled.

• Thumbsup 1

6 minutes ago, HGP61 said:

Don't gamble your shirt on a definate date in dealers. I was reading recently about the worldwide shortage of shipping containers and how covid restrictions have left thousands of them in the wrong place. The costs of transporting with a 40 ft. container has also more than doubled.

I can attest to this. Not only are the ports phucked, rail, container trailers are all at their limit. We supply widgets to a number of NA manufacturers and they are all screwed.  Boats that should have arrived in Feb are arriving now, 2-3 weeks sitting in port, another 2 waiting for rail... it's a logistical mess.  Naturally it's all my fault.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, kilo3 said:

I can attest to this. Not only are the ports phucked, rail, container trailers are all at their limit. We supply widgets to a number of NA manufacturers and they are all screwed.  Boats that should have arrived in Feb are arriving now, 2-3 weeks sitting in port, another 2 waiting for rail... it's a logistical mess.  Naturally it's all my fault.

I work for a global mining company and we have no issues shipping machines nor parts. So hopes are up and I have faith in Yamaha

42 minutes ago, kilo3 said:

Naturally it's all my fault.

Good, I'm glad I have someone to blame now get it fixed and while your at it get this covid thing sorted and travel restrictions lifted I want to take my bike to Switzerland to visit My Brother.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, HGP61 said:

Good, I'm glad I have someone to blame now get it fixed and while your at it get this covid thing sorted and travel restrictions lifted I want to take my bike to Switzerland to visit My Brother.

Hey now, don't rope me into other countries problems. 😁

5 hours ago, kilo3 said:

Ah so it's your fault I've got to wait an absurd amount of time to get a replacement kickstand!  Jerk!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2