2021 GT Updates

Darold

I could live with the daytime running lights and the headlights where they are, but the 2 protruding air intake snorkles make the front end look even more disjointed. I like to get a new bike every couple of years and would have traded my 19GT for this one, not that I ever thought my 19GT was a great looking bike, but if this is the look of the new GT, I'll have to see it in the flesh but I'm not optimistic I'll like it any better. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
On 10/30/2020 at 11:00 AM, keithu said:

And nobody would purposely Photoshop such hideous bodywork; only Yamaha themselves could have come up with this. 

This is what happens when you let the FJ windscreen guy design an entire motorcycle...  

• Haha 3

• Supporting Member
2 minutes ago, rlambke19 said:

Any takers on what they'll announce next week

Kawasaki just announced that they’re selling off their entire motorcycle business, so I’m hoping Yamaha’s upcoming press releases are a bit less dramatic. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

Kawasaki just announced that they’re selling off their entire motorcycle business, so I’m hoping Yamaha’s upcoming press releases are a bit less dramatic. 

What!?!? Wow. That's incredible.

Here I was just hoping for a new Tracer announcement.

1 hour ago, Wintersdark said:

I really don't like the front end around the air intakes, not even a little bit.

These are weird photos - taken at some weird angles. I'm guessing whoever took them was doing so without trying to be obvious that they were. I kind of like the Transformer look - but to be honest I will need to see proper photos (hopefully coming soon) or even better - see it in person before I can say for sure.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Wintersdark said:

I really don't like the front end around the air intakes, not even a little bit.

I agree, its a very funky design.  As wide as the lower lights are (fog lights?) it makes the narrow upper head lights look way out of proportion. Those long flat 'shelves' from the fake air intakes are the worst part, why Yamaha is still so insistent on designing the cowls and shrouds around fake air intakes is baffling.  

They finally ditched the 70's pumpkin turn signals but still seem to have plenty of gold forks and blurple wheels left over... 🙄

However I DO like the silver and black paint scheme and actually like that some of the black pieces are both gloss and matte.

With that being said, the Tracer seems to be on a 3 year re-design cycle, so if you hate it, wait to see what 2024 brings. 🤷‍♀️

• Thumbsup 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***