2021 GT Updates

Darold

16 hours ago, BBB said:

It reads very much like the latter @betoney. That design can then be translated to other models as it’s not dependent on bodywork changes. 

I'd agree.  Particularly when it's talking about "three intake ducts" and contributing to engine sound - That'll be the ducts between the throttle bodies and airbox, and probably the airbox design itself, and as you said it'd be portable to the full CP3 line of bikes. 

It's not a bike designed for extreme speed - 135mph as an effective top speed is just not really that fast in bike terms.  Just doesn't need forced air. 

• Thumbsup 1

22 hours ago, betoney said:

I'm not sure about the Tracer but the original FJ had to be "unrestricted" through an ECU flash to get over 115mph.

Yikes.  My MT07 sailed past 180kph.  I'd be *really* butthurt if I bought the Tracer and it was limited to that (~115mph).  

1 hour ago, Wintersdark said:

...I135mph as an effective top speed is just not really that fast in bike terms...

You and I live in two different universes🙃 

135mph is really f#@k'n fast for me.

I hit 130 on my V-Max and had a tank slapper and have never seen more then 110mph since. 

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Wintersdark said:

I'd be *really* butthurt if I bought the Tracer and it was limited to that (~115mph).  

114 mph indicated, actually.   

I think it was only the US spec FJ that was limited, and I’m not sure when the speed governor went away on the factory bikes... I’m assuming with the introduction of the Tracer here in the states, with its longer swingarm to improve higher speed stability.  

Like the bags and ware with Ride365, extra space would be nice.  I'm not fond of the front but pics are hard to look at, something doesn't seem quite right about them - the left and right air intakes appear to be different sizes.  Turn signals seem off maybe.   I'm getting weary of the insectoid look.  Just my thought.  Still like the front of my 2012 CBR600RR - BIG HUGE mistake to sell that bike!  Pic from just before I sold it.  

madj_G3A1709.thumb.jpg.cfe2a2f7d3f3cb3ea186ec0e96f9285b.jpg  It 

Edited by PhotoAl

• Supporting Member
18 hours ago, Mukush said:

Found some pictures of the 2021 model, seems ready for production 

spyshot-2021-yamaha-tracer-900-gt.jpg

spyshot-yamaha-tracer-900-gt-2021.jpg

Too many things going on in the fairing of the bike and the back doesn't look much better. I will happy stick with my 2019 GT.

He who dies with the most toys wins.

23 hours ago, roadwarrior said:

You and I live in two different universes🙃 

135mph is really f#@k'n fast for me.

I hit 130 on my V-Max and had a tank slapper and have never seen more then 110mph since. 

Hah I have my Tracer up there on basically every ride that's anything beyond commuting to work 😃

Actual sport bikes packing I4's typically go waaaaaaaaay past this.  Even like a little R6 will do 160mph, let alone the literbikes.

13 hours ago, Ride365 said:

I like the bags if larger than the current, would consider buying them if plug/play "which should be".

Have you considered FJR bags?  They have the same mounting and indeed exactly the same backside - just different lids.  You can put a reasonably large helmet into the FJR bags.  

You can literally just buy the lids and swap your lids for those to convert over. 

• Thumbsup 1

I'm hoping we get some news this week about the 2021 bike.

I was at my dealer on Saturday and he said when they announced the 2021 MT-09 he got an email from Yamaha Canada about an hour before it went "live" on their website.

Pretty clever of them to announce a new line one at a time - drives more people to their site and socials etc.

Rob