Lunch and a visit with friends

fddriver2

• Premium Member

Rode 64 East to 276 had lunch at The Hub. Up 276 to the BRP.  The BRP over to 74 East into Waynesville. Visited some friends who live in Canton. Came back 215 and picked up 64 West. Back into Highlands. 

All just standard Bikes and Mountains pictures.  Except the last one of grass.

I was trying to turn around in a wide area on the BRP, not the paved ones. At a wide area with a dirt shoulder  and a little grass.  I got too close to the edge and the bike slid down the mountain right out from underneath me. 🥺  I just laid the bike on it's side with no damage to anything but my pride. 🙁 I didn't  get a picture of the bike laying there because a young man in a car saw it happen and pulled over immediately. We started it up and with him pushing and stabilizing the rear we walked it back up on the hard pack. 

Screenshot_20200818-220842_Maps.jpg

20200818_120531.jpg

20200818_130427.jpg

20200818_130510.jpg

20200818_175841.jpg

20200818_131730.jpg

• Thumbsup 5

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, fddriver2 said:

Rode 64 East to 276 had lunch at The Hub. Up 276 to the BRP.  The BRP over to 74 East into Waynesville. Visited some friends who live in Canton. Came back 215 and picked up 64 West. Back into Highlands. 

I was trying to turn around in a wide area on the BRP, not the paved ones. At a wide area with a dirt shoulder  and a little grass.  I got too close to the edge and the bike slid down the mountain right out from underneath me. 🥺 

20200818_120531.jpg

Glad to hear that you and the bike are ok.

Love the door sign, a motto to live by - if done in the correct order... 😎🍻

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 hour ago, fddriver2 said:

I was trying to turn around in a wide area on the BRP, not the paved ones. At a wide area with a dirt shoulder  and a little grass.  I got too close to the edge and the bike slid down the mountain right out from underneath me. 🥺  I just laid the bike on it's side with no damage to anything but my pride. 🙁 I didn't  get a picture of the bike laying there because a young man in a car saw it happen and pulled over immediately. We started it up and with him pushing and stabilizing the rear we walked it back up on the hard pack. 

Screenshot_20200818-220842_Maps.jpg

20200818_130510.jpg

Glad you're OK and the bike received no damage.

I'm very familiar with the route you took as I live in the area. When you're up this way and want some tips for great roads to ride send me a PM

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, dpippin said:

Glad you're OK and the bike received no damage.

I'm very familiar with the route you took as I live in the area. When you're up this way and want some tips for great roads to ride send me a PM

I was over in Sylva this morning.  Back over by Highlands now. Looks like rain in an hour or so. Time to head to the barn.

Town and Country General Store
14 Raggedy Lane, Cashiers, NC 28717
(828) 547-1300
https://maps.app.goo.gl/qyHNmnqqoBX8WSbG7

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA