Hard Saddlebag video review and demo

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, no clear stickers installed by the dealer with my bags.  The bags are a bit sticky at first to get on/off, but as you can see in my video, clear positive force works well.  Im thinking about fabricating a kind of bracket to use inside each one that will keep small items from falling out so easily when the case is opened on the bike.  Anyone interested in that?

I ordered my bags from yamahapart.com. Cost was $767.92. For both bags, mounts, locks, delivered. When I ordered they were not on the website yet, I just called in the order. My second order was a manual and oil filter from them, adding the oil filter gave me free shipping. I have been happy with there service. Hope this helps someone.

Kurt

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member
Are the bags wider than the handle bars? Are they widest part of the bike? I ask since I'm in CA and we can lane split here. :)
I have the FJR bags on my FJ.  I measured the saddlebag width (installed) and the handlebar width (including standard handlebar shields).  Both measure almost exactly 37".  The standard FJ-09 bags are narrower than the FJR bags.  The only difference between the two saddlebags is the lid.  The FJR saddlebag lid provides more volume allowing a full face helmet. 
Bottom line - If you're going straight and your handlebars clear you'll be fine.  I also live in CA and lane split when necessary.

Archived