Canadian Suzuki Online Parts???

tinkerfreak

I have searched the net with zero joy and was wondering if any of my fellow Canadian FJ owners also have a Suzuki in there collection and have found an online source for a Canadian online parts vendor similar to Kelly's in Hamilton(see below), I need Suzuki specific parts for my wifes bike and the nearest dealer to me is 32 kms away and won't take my CC over the phone so if I could just do the order from the comfort of my PC I would be very happy, and yes I could order it from the US but the mail process going across the border is averaging 3 to 4 weeks(my experience, others may vary). I ordered and received parts from Germany for my Moto Guzzi and had them in my hands in 10 days and the stuff I ordered from Eastern Beaver in Japan was on my door step in 7 days so not quite sure what the issue is with Canada Post and US shipments. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

https://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/yamahagenuineparts/showmodel.asp?Type=12&make=yamahamc&a=1049&vehicleid=2015-Yamaha-Street-Bike-FJ-09

Cheers

Edited by tinkerfreak

• Supporting Member

I had to order from Japan for my DL1000...a local shop quoted me over $700 for a headlight fairing worth $250 the year prior.  It took several weeks, but the cost - all in - was on par, roughly $250 CA.

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, tinkerfreak said:

I need Suzuki specific parts for my wifes bike and the nearest dealer to me is 32 kms away and won't take my CC over the phone

Not that this helps you in anyway, I apologize... but this is one instance when being in good graces with your local dealers parts and service department comes in handy.  I am on a first name basis with everyone at the dealer and just call them up "Hey Andrew, its Brian, I need ______________ for my FJ09, can you get me one?" short pause, click click on keyboard "got it, it will be here on Thursday, I'll text you when it gets here".  Never once have I had to prepay for a special order.

Some people hate their dealer but mine always treats me like they want and appreciate my business and I get a "Hi, Brian - how are ya' doing?" every time I walk in the door, so even if I can order it myself (often times cheaper), I still give them my business.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member

Contact Suzuki Canada. I called them up once with a part number and they were able to process the order. Suzuki.ca carries accessories on their website, but if you call with a PN... might work.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

51 minutes ago, piotrek said:

Contact Suzuki Canada. I called them up once with a part number and they were able to process the order. Suzuki.ca carries accessories on their website, but if you call with a PN... might work.

I will give that a try, thanks to everyone that responded.

Cheers

As a side bar, a gent told me to try this dealer in Toronto that did online orders so I went to the website and oddly you could look up the P/N's through the on line parts manuals and add a quantity but no where to add to cart...you had to hit the parts query button and list all of the P/N's that you require and they will get back to you....first off what a stupid system and secondly I did that three days ago and still no response. Anyways thanks again for all responses.

Cheers

Edited by tinkerfreak

OK, so I contacted Suzuki Canada and the lady requested my email so I provided it and she told me that someone would contact me an please have the P/N's available for quote which I already had. Get an email about 2 hours later from the dealer that I had requested a quote from, this time with a quote...payment submitted and parts to be picked up on Tuesday. Good call on calling SC Piotrek, seems to have paid off.

Also got a email from two other dealers for quote.

Cheers

• Thumbsup 1

• 7 months later...