Sunshine Coast AU

dazzler24

• Supporting Member

Quick ride out today in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland (~200kms).  Weather perfect pre (our) spring.  Couple of photos taken from Balmoral Ridge looking towards the Sunshine Coast (Qld AU), Coral Sea and beyond that the Pacific Ocean.  Next stop Pacific Islands, Hawaii & the Americas.

Lovely day 🙂

Ridge.thumb.JPG.d6dcb70164d93d1f0f61445caf7cdc03.JPGRidge2.thumb.JPG.91e77a59477fa61c3365bb5d99af2570.JPG365962528_BalmoralRidge3.thumb.JPG.5bbb9b297a5bf0d7207ab3bdeb37707b.JPG

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 3

• Supporting Member
13 hours ago, Stew said:

We are all blessed with some beautiful scenery and places to ride, eh.
Bike looks great with the new 'solo' seat, and the touches of red.

Thanks Stew and yes, I never get tired of some of the wonderful scenery that different members from around the globe post here.  Some of it is absolutely stunning. 👍

• Thumbsup 1

Nice ride post and yeah some great riding in that area. Lived in N. Maleny for a couple of years and just loved riding there. So many great roads to ride up to the ridge. Did you by chance come up or go back down via extra twisty Palmerton-Montville Rd? 

Edited by AdvRich
  • Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
Just now, AdvRich said:

Nice ride post and yeah some great riding in that area. Lived in N. Maleny for a couple of years and just loved riding there. So many great roads to ride up to the ridge. Did you by chance come up or go back down via extra twisty Palmerton-Montville Rd? 

If you mean the Palmwoods - Montville road then yes I do but via the Ridgeback road.  The original road has a very ordinary (read potholed and rough) surface and I avoid it in favour of the Ridgeback Road.   Still great fun though.

I assume you would have ridden the Obi Obi road for its one way twisty section coming up from the valley to Mapleton?  Another fun little ride.

And you're right, there are plenty of hills and twists to be found and enjoyed in the Sunny Coast hinterland. 🙂

Yes, Palmwoods–Montville Rd. Sorry to hear it has deteriorated that much. It's been 13 years since last there. Oh the Obi Obi was such fun on the GS. Used to to loop it at least once on the one way sections before continuing on either way. 👍

Edited by AdvRich
Corrected Mapleton to Montville... got to thinking about breakfast at Maple 3 in Maleny, lol.