A weekend in the south west and west of Scotland...

Stew

Went to visit my mum & sister and her family, and took a few photos to show you all how awesome Scotland looks at times, and some amazing engineering and history....

The tower house always reminds me of R.L. Stevenson's Kidnapped, where he went to stay with his nasty old uncle...

Then we have the view from my mum's window , day and night.

Then the waverly paddle steamer, the only ocean going paddle steamer left in the world.

And Wemyss Bay railway station, just amazing workmanship.

And my bike, because, well, it would be rude not to :)

20200829_130130.jpg

20200829_160313.jpg

20200830_202336.jpg

20200830_102931.jpg

20200830_102639.jpg

20200829_130159.jpg

• Thumbsup 7
  • Like 1

Lovely pictures, You were on your bike so you will have definitely enjoyed the visit. Like the last one the best but I am probably biast. I took some stick from my friends on our tour because one accused me of only taking pictures with bikes in the foreground but that was a massive exagaration  only three quarters of them had a bike in it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HGP61 said:

Lovely pictures, You were on your bike so you will have definitely enjoyed the visit. Like the last one the best but I am probably biast. I took some stick from my friends on our tour because one accused me of only taking pictures with bikes in the foreground but that was a massive exagaration  only three quarters of them had a bike in it.

I had such a brilliant ride on the way up, hit the rev limiter in 3rd gear and it took me a wee second to comprehend what was going on. Bikes everywhere , prob cos of the dry weather :)

Looks great, last time I was in the country of my birth in 1982 (visit, not birth) the weather was so bad that many of the photos are 3 horizontal stripes: loch, hillside, grey sky 🤦‍♂️

I see you have a Givi topbox bracket, why strap a backpack onto the seat? Just wondering.... 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, andz said:

Looks great, last time I was in the country of my birth in 1982 (visit, not birth) the weather was so bad that many of the photos are 3 horizontal stripes: loch, hillside, grey sky 🤦‍♂️

I see you have a Givi topbox bracket, why strap a backpack onto the seat? Just wondering.... 🤷‍♂️

I lean back on it sometimes to chill out :)
And I was only away for a couple of days, so travelling light. I had actually meant to carry on to Glasgow to buy some new boots and gloves, but I ended up just riding around and , well, I'll go some other time :)

27 minutes ago, Stew said:

Bikes everywhere , prob cos of the dry weather

I was out that way on Saturday, pal was getting his GT serviced at the Yamaha dealer in Hurlford and we met him there to take the long way back home. Traffic was very busy round Kilmarnock but quieter once we got a bit further south. 

• Thumbsup 1

Just now, HGP61 said:

I was out that way on Saturday, pal was getting his GT serviced at the Yamaha dealer in Hurlford and we met him there to take the long way back home. Traffic was very busy round Kilmarnock but quieter once we got a bit further south. 

MCS? I was going to go round by there for a nosey.
So many bikes riding along the road from Ardrossan to Largs and on towards Greenock. I don't get it, they park up in Largs. I mean, it's a nice road, but chockablock with traffic, no fun. All the way through Largs on Saturday I was in first gear. Stop start stop start, not wide enough to filter or anything.
Made me appreciate Dumfries and Galloway all the more, there is so little traffic down this way.