TPMS Temperature Reading

I just picked one of these up,   I have new tires being installed in the next week and am having HawksHead T valves installed as part of that.  Kinda excited to have TPMS on the bike. 

I also designed/printed a small hood and flat back so I can put some automotive Velcro on it and attach the display to a small velcro pad I have on my bars.   Makes it easy to remove overnight, or when I dont need it.   Also gives some sun shade/minor rain protection.   (note this is not the final filament, it was a test print, the final will look like the black plastic under my phone mount. )

20200904_190605065_iOS.jpg

20200904_190609926_iOS.jpg

20200904_190612146_iOS.jpg

Edited by Clegg78
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
10 minutes ago, Clegg78 said:

I just picked one of these up,   I have new tires being installed in the next week and am having HawksHead T valves installed as part of that.  Kinda excited to have TPMS on the bike. 

I also designed/printed a small hood and flat back so I can put some automotive Velcro on it and attach the display to a small velcro pad I have on my bars.   Makes it easy to remove overnight, or when I dont need it.   Also gives some sun shade/minor rain protection.   (note this is not the final filament, it was a test print, the final will look like the black plastic under my phone mount. )

That looks great, good job designing and fabricating. 👍

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

12 minutes ago, betoney said:

That looks great, good job designing and fabricating. 👍

I figure its a niche solution for my bike, but if anyone wants it I can share it as well.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member
2 hours ago, chris wilkins said:

I bought one off EBay for £23.00 the rear one wouldn't read and the front one caused the tyre to go down in 24 hours.

Thinking of getting the Yamaha ONE out fitted, a lot more money but should be Ouija kit!!!

There are a lot of cheap models from China listed on Ebay.  The "Sykik" brand pictured in the first post has 'so far' been flawless, I have had zero issues with the unit or the sensors leaking and losing pressure.  It doesn't have a smart phone app that I would never use, but it displays the pressure, temperature (with visual and audio alarm) and battery level of the unit and sensors and only costs $50.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

On 9/4/2020 at 1:14 PM, BBB said:

You’re forgiven 😁. It’s a good enough explanation of volume/pressure/temperature relationships. Much easier than arguing frictional forces, tyre wall flex, contact patches, viscoelastic forces in tyre composition etc etc.

I keep this example in mind, it will be an excellent question for the chemistry exam next week.

It reminds me the good old engineering school days - Heat transfer exam (10 points): Which beer is cooling faster in a fridge, horizontally or vertically ? (Do not ask, I don't remember the answer (and still less the calcs))

14 hours ago, François Brion said:

I keep this example in mind, it will be an excellent question for the chemistry exam next week.

It reminds me the good old engineering school days - Heat transfer exam (10 points): Which beer is cooling faster in a fridge, horizontally or vertically ? (Do not ask, I don't remember the answer (and still less the calcs))

Horizontal 😉

• Like 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)