New Niken GT owner

maximNikenGT

• Supporting Member

I think the Niken/ leaning 3-wheeler is in its infancy. Probably much more evolution in the future.

I wonder what Honda could create with its DCT transmission? Or it’s shaft drive V4 1200? 😳

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member

Honda actually has a concept bike called the Neowing. It's been stuck in development for years I suspect because they're trying to see if a market exists for it. 

507D8828-C621-4AAF-BE7B-FA202C12E480.jpeg

1DC1BD3C-DF4B-404F-82B5-2AF46BFC5E1E.jpeg

44F131F8-73FF-465D-85E9-ACD6B21D781D.jpeg

• Like 2

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• Supporting Member

I

1 hour ago, betoney said:

No it doesn’t.  I actually wish they could offer that as an option for someone who is elderly or partially disabled. 
Something like a parking brake lever? Or some interlock that activates/deactivates when the bikes is put into gear? 

I actually test rode the Piaggio MP3 in Corfu, Greece last year and was pleasantly surprised at how much fun that machine was. It will lean but you can also lock it out at rest. This taste is what led me down the path of seriously considering a Niken GT. 

0CD1553B-7DC0-45FF-A8B0-2F2BE90A4AF6.jpeg

• Like 2

2019 Niken GT

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Stew said:

Bound to in a future iteration, I mean it is the competely logical next stage, or am I missing something completely?

Fortnine out of Canada  did a great forward looking review of the Niken that looks at the strategic reasons as to why Yamaha is putting so much effort into the three wheel tech. 

Additionally Yamaha bought the patents for  this:

tmax-trike.jpg

More Three-Wheelers for Yamaha The Yamaha Niken is a funky machine...

And are applying the tech to electric scooters as well. 

ogp_img.png

Introducing the TRITOWN, an electric vehicle to make last-mile personal...

• Thanks 1

2019 Niken GT

• Supporting Member
29 minutes ago, maximNikenGT said:

Honda actually has a concept bike called the Neowing. It's been stuck in development for years I suspect because they're trying to see if a market exists for it.

In a crazy, futuristic kind of way, that is actually pretty cool looking.  I hope it actually comes to production.

The concept is VERY impressive, some of these photos at the bottom of the page detail more features.

2020-honda-neowing-trike-motorcycle-3-wh

– NEW 2020 / 2021 Honda Motorcycles: More NEOWING Patent...

2 hours ago, maximNikenGT said:

507D8828-C621-4AAF-BE7B-FA202C12E480.jpeg

1DC1BD3C-DF4B-404F-82B5-2AF46BFC5E1E.jpeg

Hmm... could be an option for me in 10 years when I'm 78.   Of course, it'll be electric, or who knows what, by then!

For inflating the rear wheel, get an angled valve at the next tyre change as mentioned. 

In the meantime, you will notice there are large holes through the hub of the wheel. These are there for a reason. Feed the air hose through the holes to the valve, makes it a lot easier. Same on the tracers and a bunch of other yamahas. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, R.C. said:

Hmm... could be an option for me in 10 years when I'm 78.   Of course, it'll be electric, or who knows what, by then!

Electric = instant torque!!!!! Yes I love the sound of different motors tho in my middle age, 60's, I now keep my bikes with a stock exhaust. I wear ear plugs and am not into the noise. Just get it to where I get 400 to 500 miles on a charge and I'm there!I I'm an old VMax owner, had 3. I used to say when I got to old to hold it up I was going to trike it and put a blower on it. Yes they do make a blower kit with a 4 barrel carb sitting on top. That way it will still smoke the tires, LOL! Yeah I can't wait for electric to mature. 

• Haha 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

1 hour ago, tktplz said:

Electric = instant torque!!!!! Yes I love the sound of different motors tho in my middle age, 60's, I now keep my bikes with a stock exhaust. I wear ear plugs and am not into the noise. Just get it to where I get 400 to 500 miles on a charge and I'm there!I I'm an old VMax owner, had 3. I used to say when I got to old to hold it up I was going to trike it and put a blower on it. Yes they do make a blower kit with a 4 barrel carb sitting on top. That way it will still smoke the tires, LOL! Yeah I can't wait for electric to mature. 

Bring back carbs! I know electric is the future, but man, there is just something lovely about the sound of petrol being tortured to death inside a motorcycle engine.
Sorry Greta (not really, in fact, not even slightly)
If only there was a 900 tracer in a 2 stroke variety,  I mean , can you imagine the sheer joy , the smell and the insane acceleration when you hit the power band!

6 hours ago, Stew said:

can you imagine the sheer joy , the smell and the insane acceleration when you hit the power band!

Man I love me the smell of some Castor Bean Oil! I have a 2 stroke ZUMA 50 cc Yamaha scooter. Because you know.....scooters are like fat chicks. They are both fun to ride till your friends catch you on them, LOL!

• Haha 2

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

4 minutes ago, tktplz said:

Man I love me the smell of some Castor Bean Oil! I have a 2 stroke ZUMA 50 cc Yamaha scooter. Because you know.....scooters are like fat chicks. They are both fun to ride till your friends catch you on them, LOL!

I know. The smell of 2 stroke should be sold as an essential oil, for stimulating the heart and circulation.

• Like 1

• Supporting Member

Just attached battery tender cables and assembled emergency roadside kit. 

My emergency roadside kit contains Aerostich mini air compressor, motorcycle jumper cables, LED roadside flare, tire patch kit. What did everyone else have in their oh s### bags?

81LsakEIcVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

3F06A869-A213-458A-B90C-65FD78C0994D.jpeg

Edited by maximNikenGT
Added pic of battery tender cable
  • Thumbsup 1

2019 Niken GT

• Supporting Member
42 minutes ago, maximNikenGT said:

Just attached battery tender cables and assembled emergency roadside kit. 

My emergency roadside kit contains Aerostich mini air compressor, motorcycle jumper cables, LED roadside flare, tire patch kit. What did everyone else have in their oh s### bags?

Aside from some minor tools, you pretty much have it covered.  Standard metric sockets and hex key set.

So far, the only tool I’ve had to use on the road was a spanner to tighten the mirrors when they came loose and folded in.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)