New Niken GT owner

maximNikenGT

• Supporting Member
18 hours ago, BBB said:

So far, the only tool I’ve had to use on the road was a spanner to tighten the mirrors when they came loose and folded in.

Do you have a picture / part identifier for the tool?

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• Supporting Member
On 9/9/2020 at 3:36 PM, betoney said:

In a crazy, futuristic kind of way, that is actually pretty cool looking.  I hope it actually comes to production.

The concept is VERY impressive, some of these photos at the bottom of the page detail more features.

2020-honda-neowing-trike-motorcycle-3-wh

– NEW 2020 / 2021 Honda Motorcycles: More NEOWING Patent...

If Honda built this and sold it, it'd be the closest thing I'd have to recreating a childhood scene from the movie Akira. I would have seriously considered this if it was available. 

akira_bike.jpg 

just clicked on the link above and read the following: 

"NEOWING is an unprecedented three-wheeled vehicle that offers the cornering feel and sporty ride equivalent to a large-sized motorcycle while realizing excellent stability in low-speed ranges. This vehicle is equipped with a hybrid system that combines a horizontally-opposed 4-cylinder engine and electric motors to generate plentiful torque for powerful acceleration. With the adoption of an original Honda linkage mechanism on its front wheel, this concept model proposes new values with advanced styling that emphasizes the mechanical fascination of a two-wheeled motorcycle model."

Hybrid system on a motorcycle? if they slapped the Goldwing engine in here i'd be sold. The fact that it would be a hybrid system, very interested in what real world range would be on a single tank. 

Edited by maximNikenGT
updated content
  • Thumbsup 1

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• 2 years later...
  • Supporting Member
4 hours ago, Heli ATP said:

Looks like the Honda Neowing F4 Hybrid is a go?

Honda Neowing

I like it but...  I will reserve my enthusiasm until HONDA officially announce it on their website. 

This thing has been announced for a few years in prototype form and Honda is well known to water down (engineer out the excitement) the production version when and if they make it past prototype stage. 

I really think Honda could have a viable contender if they could implement a feature to lock the front end upright when the wheels stop moving.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***