Ideas for Niken accessories

maximNikenGT

• Supporting Member

Where do folks go to get ideas on accessories for the Niken?  Here in the US I generally turn to Revzilla, Twisted Throttle, or the Yamaha US site for ideas. 

I stumbled across this site in Japan that had access to stuff I've never seen before elsewhere. 

webike_fb_logo.gif

World's largest online store of Motorcycle parts. Huge stock of custom...

Any other suggestions?

• Thumbsup 1

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• Supporting Member

I have to say I'm very pleased that Yamaha was considerate enough to include both a radiator protector and a chain protector in the Niken GT. A lot of motorcycles generally don't include a radiator protector. 

7681CED1-3046-4E5C-9B6D-7A816E8DAB03.jpeg

9DC240AD-0E9A-450C-A7D7-4A8DE6E74816.jpeg

• Thumbsup 2

2019 Niken GT

• Supporting Member
24 minutes ago, draco_1967 said:

Looks like tourandride.com has some Givi stuff for the Niken. Motostorm.it has a bit more. I have used Webike, and they are good. 

Just ordered a Givi rack from Motostorm.it because they were all sold out here in the US. Good recommendation! Thank you!

2019 Niken GT

• Supporting Member
Just now, maximNikenGT said:

Also - anyone ever try Grip Puppies and can comment on whether they're good for long distance touring?

A lot of riders swear by them.  I tried them and personally didn't like them only for the fact that they made the grip diameter too large for my liking.  They cushion the grips for sure but I like a 'sportier' feeling small grip diameter.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
20 minutes ago, betoney said:

A lot of riders swear by them.  I tried them and personally didn't like them only for the fact that they made the grip diameter too large for my liking.  They cushion the grips for sure but I like a 'sportier' feeling small grip diameter.

Did you end up keeping it stock or did you find an alternative?

2019 Niken GT

• Supporting Member

So first priority for accessory upgrades was a battery tender connector.

Second for me is a waterproof and lockable hard case. After I washed my bike the other night the contents in my panniers were moist. No way would I put a laptop or tablet in  there even if it were in a dry bag. 

Givi v47 Monokey top case, Monokey M9 plate, and Givi E134S Backrest Pad For V47 Top Cases on order from Revzilla. 

Carpimoto.it is supplying a SR2144 - Givi SR2144 Yamaha Niken GT Rear Rack specific for Monokey or Monolock Cases (works with M5, M9A, M9B, M8A, M8B, or M5M or M6M). For some reason the SR2144 is sold out everywhere in the US. I confirmed with Givi USA that this was the correct part. 

Third upgrade will be connecting a Neutrino power distribution module from Arboreal systems to handle my heated gear and temperature settings, in addition to future plans for wiring  a Valentine One radar detector as well as auxiliary driving lights. 

d44451_2dcf3a59ed2d41dab1505f5407931880~

Our vehicle power distribution modules work for many applications...

Fourth will be Barkbuster hand guards for winter riding. 

Fifth will be GPS and mount - most likely a Zumo. 

Edited by maximNikenGT
Grammar correction

2019 Niken GT

• Supporting Member
36 minutes ago, maximNikenGT said:

Yes, I removed the grip puppies.  If I didn't have the factory heated grips, I would replace the grips with something else but I live with them.

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, betoney said:

21 hours ago, maximNikenGT said:

Where do folks go to get ideas on accessories for the Niken?  Here in the US I generally turn to Revzilla, Twisted Throttle, or the Yamaha US site for ideas. 

I stumbled across this site in Japan that had access to stuff I've never seen before elsewhere. 

webike_fb_logo.gif

World's largest online store of Motorcycle parts. Huge stock of custom...

Any other suggestions?

Has everyone with a Niken installed a tank protector?  I'm not so sure I need one given the upright seating position on the Niken and the matte paint finish. My aerostich suit zippers have a cloth overlap in them that prevents them from rubbing  against the gas tank.  If yes what kind?

2019 Niken GT

• Supporting Member

Any opinion on whether these work? Buddy of mine swears by them and have them mounted on his truck bumper : Deer whistles.  What's the consensus - life saver or snake oil?

https://www.amazon.com/Living-Products-LLC-0001-Save-A-Deer/dp/B003XNGLJU

2019 Niken GT

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, maximNikenGT said:

Any opinion on whether these work? Buddy of mine swears by them and have them mounted on his truck bumper : Deer whistles.  What's the consensus - life saver or snake oil?

My vote is for complete snake oil.

If there was a product (especially an $8 piece of plastic) that could save lives and prevent potentially millions of dollars of damage claims, I think insurance companies and auto manufacturers would have rallied to make them standard equipment decades ago.

• Thumbsup 2

12 hours ago, maximNikenGT said:

Probably snake oil...

But if you mount them backwards I heard they actually call the deer TO you... 😀 😉

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 2

Blue Lives Matter

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

Placed an order for SW Motech Kobra handguards after calling up Barkbusters and being told they currently do not have a handguard kit for Nikens. My 

hpr_00_220_25300_b_4_xl.jpg

KOBRA handguards offer protection from weather conditions and falls and...

hands were cold during an evening ride earlier this week and these should help fight  that. 

• Thumbsup 1

2019 Niken GT