Ideas for Niken accessories

maximNikenGT

• Supporting Member

This just in from a Niken owner in the Czech Republic. Apparently Yamaha factory accessories were just made available in the form of a Yamaha radiator guard and chain guard. 

No mention of this anywhere I could find on the US yamaha site though. 

EA41BFD0-B1CE-4C51-8127-98E9EFFB8B3F.jpeg

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

There are some nice bits available from Gilles Tooling. These are the same folks that make BMW HP parts. I've had their rearsets, pegs and levers on previous bikes and they are very nice indeed. Buying them through BMW makes them insanely expensive. While still not cheap, prices are better buying directly from them. I might get a set of the touring foot pegs to replace the stockers. I normally like a solid peg better than the rubber covered pegs that come stock but I'm going to ride the standard setup a while before I decide.

Gilles Tooling

I didn't get my bike until early December so only got a few rides in before winter hit. So far my only mod has been to switch over to Pazzo Racing levers. More adjustable than stock and I like the bigger dogleg bend. Fit perfect and look great too. They have a website but I bought mine off eBay and got a slightly better price and free shipping.

Pazzo Racing

IMG_1741 (2).JPG

IMG_1743 (2).JPG

IMG_1744 (2).JPG

• Like 2

• Supporting Member

This just in from the Yamaha Niken owners forum on Facebook. One owner actually mounted a back rest made for the Yamaha Tmax 530 and it actually fits perfectly. 

84EA2655-F6C5-43DE-A142-F4717F196A76.jpeg

E50DCB5F-8045-466F-9FCC-EB2B42807F3E.jpeg

3719C41C-D01D-4B4A-80BE-1CC5E93232A2.jpeg

23E7E1ED-6167-4FF8-B89A-BF4D9F6ED677.jpeg

7F0390C8-614D-478C-9406-F7D5397987EB.jpeg

5F2FE308-4124-49E7-A3A3-E8FCD91901F6.jpeg

2019 Niken GT

• Supporting Member

Yamaha of Europe posted some new accessories for the Niken including a rear Ohlins shock upgrade. 

2019-Yamaha-LMWTR-EU-Graphite-Action-001

Accessories and genuine parts for the Yamaha NIKEN.

On 2/20/2021 at 7:53 AM, maximNikenGT said:

This just in from a Niken owner in the Czech Republic. Apparently Yamaha factory accessories were just made available in the form of a Yamaha radiator guard and chain guard. 

No mention of this anywhere I could find on the US yamaha site though. 

EA41BFD0-B1CE-4C51-8127-98E9EFFB8B3F.jpeg

Turns out these are both standard equipment on Niken GTs and are actually listed as replacement parts vs marketed as accessories for US Niken customers. 

2019 Niken GT

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

Just saw these listed in the accessories section for Yamaha Nikens, LED flashers for the front (YME-H0789-00-20 - Black). Not sure I'm understanding - are these to replace your stock Niken mirrors? If so they look like they would stick up from the swivel mount for the mirrors. Anyone have an idea on how these would mount?

NIKEN - motorcycles - Yamaha Motor (yamaha-motor.eu)

Image Thumbnail

33F49C3F-38BB-4D81-96B1-F755046B5780.jpeg

2019 Niken GT

9 hours ago, maximNikenGT said:

Just saw these listed in the accessories section for Yamaha Nikens, LED flashers for the front (YME-H0789-00-20 - Black). Not sure I'm understanding - are these to replace your stock Niken mirrors? If so they look like they would stick up from the swivel mount for the mirrors. Anyone have an idea on how these would mount?

NIKEN - motorcycles - Yamaha Motor (yamaha-motor.eu)

Image Thumbnail

33F49C3F-38BB-4D81-96B1-F755046B5780.jpeg

id say that was just a lazy addition by the person who designs the shop. Would take mods to put them on the niken.

• Supporting Member

Saw this available for the Niken. High flow air intake. ~$900 USD 

2019 Niken GT

• Supporting Member

Handguards for the Niken. Don't cover anywhere near the amount the SW Motech ones do but also way cheaper. 

2019 Niken GT

• Supporting Member

Starting to see some awesome customization now that weather's getting warmer. 

Really like the stock mirror delete with the replacement turn signals. Am requesting details on how they mounted those LED turn signal replacements. 

AC7C8A1E-EE5D-4383-87C2-485CE9787509.jpeg

2419C8E2-F026-40D9-887A-673A07FC3B02.jpeg

2019 Niken GT

• Supporting Member

This is new - passenger grab handles for the Niken? Not sure how these would work since the pillion rider would need to have arms the length of an gorilla to reach these, or the passenger is somehow sitting on in front of the rider. Price is 100 Euros brand new and these are from France I believe. 

niken_grab_handle1.jpg

niken_grab_handle2.jpg

2019 Niken GT

Replaced my ST's little screen with a Puig Touring Screen. The Puig mounting bracket replaces the OEM bracket and comes included with the screen. I have already had to move the screen up 30mm as I was a little tall for it at 6'3". It works very well.

NikenST_Puig_02.JPG

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

Been hearing a lot of folks in the Yamaha Niken Facebook forums talking about Niken accessories they purchased through Aliexpress (think eBay but China version):

yamaha niken gt motorcycle - Buy yamaha niken gt motorcycle with free shipping on AliExpress

Lo and behold all kinds of interesting farkles for your bike.  

2019 Niken GT

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

Finally found someone that appears to make a custom bracket to mount Givi Monokey hard saddlebags to the Niken! Available Items for Yamaha Niken 847 - Genial Motor S.R.L

Looks like they can fit the V37 Givi Monokeys through Genial Motors of Italy: V37NT + PLXR2143 Pair of side cases V37NT + Fixing Kit YAMAHA NIKEN 900 2019 > 2021 (genialmotor.it)

Pair of side cases V37NT + Fixing Kit YAMAHA NIKEN 900 2019 > 2020 | eBay

2019 Niken GT