Ideas for Niken accessories

maximNikenGT

• Supporting Member
On 3/4/2022 at 8:22 AM, karamurat said:

Nice mounting of the speakers - how did you run the speaker/power cables? Also, how did you secure the speakers to the shock tower plastic? 

mp3-4 

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• 4 months later...
  • Supporting Member

Google translate of Turkish indicates the following Bu sistem daha iyi oldu.Üstelik bataryası kendinden. 
This system was better. Moreover, its battery is self-contained.

Would appear to be a battery powered trio of speakers. Am very curious as to how they're mounted where they are. 

2019 Niken GT

• 7 months later...
  • Supporting Member

Just bought a portable Flexifreeze portable lunch box / drink cooler  with built in freezeable ice paks to keep my snacks / drinks cool in hot weather.  

FlexiFreeze Freezable 9 Can Cooler https://a.co/d/hiLoUDb

This thing has been awesome for hot day trips. Tossed it into my top case and had a nice cold drink / cold cut sandwich for lunch after a long morning ride. 

Am actually thinking about swapping out my RAM rechargeable  phone mount with the RAM cup holder because the RAM rechargeable phone mount does not have anti vibration built in to prevent mobile phone camera stabilization sensor damage.  May look to switch to Quad Lock or Peak Design cell phone mounts with the anti vibration. Extra points if they also have built in charging capabilities. 

IMG_5701.png

2019 Niken GT

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

Top Sellerie out of France has a heated gel lowered seat for the Niken and it gets good reviews. I ordered one and need to send in my stock seat to them from which they make the changes.

I'm thinking of buying a basic Niken seat for the upgrade in case I want to go back to my GT comfort seat later.

If you have a stock Niken seat for sale send me a PM?

To view click on the customer pics in the link below.

https://www.topsellerie.com/en-sa/yamaha-niken-gt_1298.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

Stumbled across this surfing the Yamaha Japan website - lo and behold, a custom bike cover for the Yamaha Niken GT!

Bike Cover F Type NIKEN/NIKEN GT | Yamaha Motor Group Wise Gear (ysgear.co.jp)

2023-12-05_nikengt_cover5.jpg

2023-12-05_nikengt_cover4.jpg

2023-12-05_nikengt_cover3.jpg

2023-12-05_nikengt_cover2.jpg

2023-12-05_nikengt_cover1.jpg

2019 Niken GT

• Supporting Member

In case anyone is looking for additional product details on the Ohlins rear shock upgrade for the Niken. 

2023-12-05_niken_ohlins_shock.jpg

2019 Niken GT

• 1 month later...
  • Supporting Member

Recieved a Top Sellerie Deluxe Grand Comfort Heated Seat for my Niken GT. Excellent workmanship, looks so much better than stock.

Cost to USA from France was about $535 USD, thats about 492euros  (Eu367 for seat +Eu125 for shipping) after a 10% discount. On top of this you have to send in your stock seat as they work from it's base. I didn't want to part with my Niken GT seat, so I picked up a new sport seat online for about $125 which I shipped to TopSellerie. So in total the cost for me was around $725USD. They only request the stock seat base and foam, so I removed the cover from the stock seat for future use if needed.

There are two wires (red and black) for the heated pad. A note included suggests not connecting them directly to the battery but to add a relay (10A fuse). I think the relay/inline fuse should be included from the factory. I use a Fuzeblock so not really an issue for me.

I won't get to ride with it till the snow clears here in NE Pennsylvania, but so far my observation from sitting on it in the garage is that it feels good. However since it has a bucket type design you get one position. I liked to sit back on the GT stock seat for riding and slide forward for stops so I could reach the ground with my short inseam. You sit into the Top Sellerie seat so there is no sliding back. The passenger seat is flatter in design which I'm guessing would offer more comfort back there. 

I really like how the front of the seat hugs the gas tank, however the front underside leaves a little gap which I'm hoping will close in after a few miles of me sitting on.

When ordering I clicked on a red picture of the Niken seat on the Top Sellerie website and added a note to say I wanted the same in blue. They emailed me back and forth about a dozen times to clarify the exact shade of blue I wanted, and the surface finish on the different panels of the seat. They made sure there was no doubt about what I was getting before the sale was finalized, as they sent color codes and pictures of the expected end product. There is a seat build out option on the website that I had overlooked so I do appreciate the excellent customer service there offered in this regard.

I will update this post when I get a ride in and test the heat option.

https://www.topsellerie.com/en-mv/deluxe-seat-SGC5734-yamaha-niken-gt_1298.html

Niken Seat 1.jpg

Niken Seat 8.jpg

Niken Seat 4.jpg

Niken Seat 5.jpg

Niken Seat 3.jpg

Niken Seat 9.jpg

• Supporting Member

Got out for a 30 minute ride this evening on the Top Sellerie heated seat. It was 38 deg F and between the heated seat, heated grips and my heated vest it was wonderful. I'm very happy with the seat. Even though it is the lowered version and it was a short ride on some twistys and and a few miles on the highway it felt quite comfortable. One time I sat up on the back of the driver section to stretch my legs just to see how it would feel on a long ride. The heater switch on the seat is very conveniently located, and after 20 minutes I had to switch to the lower setting. The stock seat on the GT is very comfortable and I purchased this seat due to my short inseam and wanting to be another 1/2 closer to the ground. So while it is not a huge difference in comfort I do like how it hugs you and makes the seating position feel more sporty. Of course it looks amazing too. Highly recommended.

Looks nice, I put the Yamaha heated comfort seat on my 2019 Niken and the bike already has a feed for it off the loom.  I since transferred it to my 2023 Niken and it also has a connector under the seat.

• Supporting Member
9 hours ago, NikenLee said:

Looks nice, I put the Yamaha heated comfort seat on my 2019 Niken and the bike already has a feed for it off the loom.  I since transferred it to my 2023 Niken and it also has a connector under the seat.

So the seats are compatible between the older and newest niken, what else did you move over?

We are still awaiting your 2023 review. 🙂