maximNikenGT

Garmin Zumo TPMS Question

Saw online that the  Garmin Zumo 595 TPMS (tire pressure management function) will work on the Niken (3 wheel display of tire pressure in all three wheels. 

Has anyone confirmed this In real life? 

7928D8EE-33F6-4790-9692-CF816B0C17EF.png

• Thumbsup 1

2019 Niken GT
First time Yamaha owner - BUSA!

I can’t really confirm, but in my experience, there are more reliable systems out there than the Zumo one.  I had issue after issue with my Zumo TPMS sensors on one of my previous bike.   Finally gave up on it.  Several of the people I ride with have bought inexpensive systems off Amazon and had near perfect results.  

7 minutes ago, colorider said:

I can’t really confirm, but in my experience, there are more reliable systems out there than the Zumo one.  I had issue after issue with my Zumo TPMS sensors on one of my previous bike.   Finally gave up on it.  Several of the people I ride with have bought inexpensive systems off Amazon and had near perfect results.  

Any recommendations?

2019 Niken GT

Garmin TPMS tracks pressure in up to four tires. I just added pressure sensors to my two-wheeled bike since I already had the Zumo 395. When I paired the sensors with the Zumo it gave a number of different tire configurations to chose from. Cannot comment on the reliability yet, but I am aware that it goes through batteries rather quickly despite the manual stating sensor batteries last 300 hours. 

If you do get them, keep in mind that the Zumo has to be in motorcycle, not car, mode for it to display tire pressures. It doesn't state this in the manual, and it took some googling before I figured out why I couldn't get mine to display. 

• Thumbsup 3

47 minutes ago, maximNikenGT said:

Any recommendations?

Checking now and will let you know. 

17 hours ago, colorider said:

Checking now and will let you know. 

Okay, he ordered his from Alibaba which is apparently a Chinese Internet sales site similar to Amazon.  I did a quick search and did see atleast one unit that was designed for 3-wheeled vehicles.  
Good luck!!!

• Thumbsup 1

On 9/11/2020 at 11:54 AM, colorider said:

Okay, he ordered his from Alibaba which is apparently a Chinese Internet sales site similar to Amazon.  I did a quick search and did see atleast one unit that was designed for 3-wheeled vehicles.  
Good luck!!!

Found it. $60 isn't too bad. 

• Thumbsup 1

2019 Niken GT

Looks good!  How does that price compare to similar (3-wheel) sensors on Amazon?

22 hours ago, colorider said:

Looks good!  How does that price compare to similar (3-wheel) sensors on Amazon?

89.99 for Amazon https://www.amazon.com/SYKIK-SRTP630-pressure-monitoring-wheelers/dp/B07ZL2ZB92/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=motorcycle%2Btrike%2Btpms&qid=1600220519&sr=8-3&th=1

However reviews are definitely mixed with regards to quality.

2019 Niken GT