New to me 2015 FJ09 makes whine noise at start-up

peteinpa

12 hours ago, Stew said:

The clutch in particular sounds like it has dreadful asthma when in neutral with the clutch lever out. It's almost embarrasing :)

I know what you mean Stew. I wish it had that Ducati Dry Clutch sound instead of a wounded animal sound, LOL! I got it with just over 3,000 miles and this motor has lots of sounds. Clutch works perfectly. Do want to do a slipper but for some reason 2020 has just been a really strange year. Always something coming up, central air went out, dog got health problems, over 2,000 bucks at this point on the dog and it might be 150.00 a month from now on to keep her alive. Her immune system is killing off her red blood cells. Steroids 2 times a day and another pill once a day. Plus a blood test to see if the steroids have kicked the immune system in the head. If the steriods stop it we will be back to normal but we haven't gotten there in 3 months. Just between the A/C and the dog I could have gotten a second killer bike......

Edited by tktplz
  • Thumbsup 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

14 minutes ago, tktplz said:

I know what you mean Stew. I wish it had that Ducati Dry Clutch sound instead of a wounded animal sound, LOL! I got it with just over 3,000 miles and this motor has lots of sounds. Clutch works perfectly. Do want to do a slipper but for some reason 2020 has just been a really strange year. Always something coming up, central air went out, dog got health problems, over 2,000 bucks at this point on the dog and it might be 150.00 a month from now on to keep her alive. Her immune system is killing off her red blood cells. Steroids 2 times a day and another pill once a day. Plus a blood test to see if the steroids have kicked the immune system in the head. If the steriods stop it we will be back to normal but we haven't gotten there in 3 months. Just between the A/C and the dog I could have gotten a second killer bike......

I've never given a thought to having a slipper clutch , anyway I like that wierd chuffing, 40 cigarettes a day wheezy whiny bizarre metal dryish sounding sound, cos I know I am about to have some right great fun. Like I said, it's character, I mean imagine it was just boring sounding like all those overhealthy sounding motorcycles.
That is rough with the dog, it's horrible when a member of the family gets that unwell.

1 hour ago, Stew said:

I've never given a thought to having a slipper clutch

The parts from Yamaha are just over 200 bucks, 203 I think, last I looked. Will keep me from sliding the rear tire as much in the tight twisties.

• Thumbsup 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!