Givi top case install diary

maximNikenGT

• 5 months later...
  • Supporting Member

On 6/14/2021 at 5:24 PM, Garybinnyc said:

A few months later and an update.. the brake light stopped working for some reason.. I checked the wire assembly and everything else I could think of and finally narrowed it down the the build in contact in the cases it seems the contact actually dropped down to the point it was no longer making contact with the top of the case and the contact list. I suppose the pressure from the top case pushing down on the harness actually moved it out of position. 

simple solution.. I snipped a zip tie and placed it under the wiring contact ( see pic) and alas I’m back on track. 

4B71D594-AA69-4746-A229-DD0E8F5285D7.jpeg

My Givi brake light stopped working as well so I tried the zip tie solution but it didn't work for me.

Took a closer look and it turns out that both the miniature screws that hold the power cables to the posts of both the bottom givi connector as well as the top by the lock mechanism had both rattled loose (presumably due to bike vibration). In one instance the miniature screw had actually completely separated from the wire binding post and was luckily in the bottom half of the wire connector. 

Had to bust out the blue Loctite and apply some thread lock with a Qtip to the threads to keep these tiny screws from rattling out again. 

Reconnected all wires and connection was fixed for the Givi rear LED  lights. 

3AC1C04B-3DCD-4265-B05F-F2FC258CBE36.jpeg

E7699E6E-6258-4A88-B3BA-F50FFEFA7AF1.jpeg

086E0ADC-DB15-447D-B94E-F4664C7659BC.jpeg

68BB85EA-CB11-4351-A8F0-EA923BE6BF5B.jpeg

B68B30D9-3DD6-48E5-AA23-13EA19D93F3F.jpeg

Edited by maximNikenGT
grammar correction

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• Supporting Member
On 8/5/2021 at 5:32 AM, Garybinnyc said:

Has anyone tried this lighting kit from admore? Contemplating purchasing since it adds considerably more lighting functionality to the givi (plus the fact that the stock brake light built into the case works sporadically) 

https://admorelighting.com/product/v46-top-case-led-kit-ts-cg/

Might want to check my issue with loose wire binding post screws and adding blue Loctite before dropping the money on the Admores. I've heard good things about the Admores but never bought them personally. 

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."