Driving lights for Niken

maximNikenGT

• Supporting Member
On 3/3/2022 at 10:55 AM, karamurat said:

Selamlar, ön aydınlatma kadar arka stop lambaları da çok önemli,çekim kalitesi için özür dilerim :)

Good looking lights.  Do you have a closer picture of how you mounted the lights?

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• 2 months later...
  • Supporting Member
On 4/5/2022 at 11:19 PM, Heli ATP said:

https://japan.webike.net/products/21958168.html

What is the 'Yamaha Wire Lead Sport 2'.  Part # Q5K-YSK-001-U48

Comment says... *Power is supplied only as the headlights are on.  

Does that mean it could be used to power AUX light to come on with the headlights?

Sorry - thought I had responded to this. This looks like a Y adapter that could be used for auxiliary lights. so long as the auxiliary lights are relatively low current draw this may be sufficient if you don't have a separate relay/switch to allow you the flexibility of turning on the auxiliary lights independently of the headlights. 

• Thumbsup 1

2019 Niken GT

• Supporting Member

I've decided to remove my stock mirrors as they are not really useful after adding the FJ-09 hand guards. The handle bar bar mirrors work very well even though I need to upgrade from the cheap ones I installed for function test. Currently I think the look is a little odd on my GT with so many things sticking out on the sides. My plan is the put lights where the stock mirrors mount, and since wiring is already at that location it should be straight forward. This will be a winter project so for now I'm looking for inconspicuous running or fog lights that maybe have a turn signal option. I have turn signal light on my hand guards that need to be wired up so if I just add fog light to the mirror location I will be good to go. After-market light suggestions appreciated.

Niken Lights.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
11 hours ago, Heli ATP said:

I've decided to remove my stock mirrors as they are not really useful after adding the FJ-09 hand guards. The handle bar bar mirrors work very well even though I need to upgrade from the cheap ones I installed for function test. Currently I think the look is a little odd on my GT with so many things sticking out on the sides. My plan is the put lights where the stock mirrors mount, and since wiring is already at that location it should be straight forward. This will be a winter project so for now I'm looking for conspicuous running or fog lights that maybe have a turn signal option. I have turn signal light on my hand guards that need to be wired up so if I just add fog light to the mirror location I will be good to go. After-market light suggestions appreciated.

Niken Lights.jpg

I've been looking to do something similar but cannot find a good turn signal replacement blinker that I like yet. Had to start a whole new thread just on mirrors....

2019 Niken GT

• 2 months later...
  • Supporting Member

From a Swiss Niken owner. First time seeing this style of fork mounted setup. 

3EE9F019-8C77-4613-921F-6FEF381C3B18.png

18B41106-D876-4C5C-BCBC-D096861C2439.png

2019 Niken GT

• 3 months later...
  • Supporting Member
8 hours ago, karamurat said:

Bağlantısını yaptığınız ek aydınlatıcı ana fardan uzakta olmalıdır. Ama fazla dışarı taşmamalı.

6878758b-1e8f-4da2-aaee-1b9b6b549cd6.jpg

911b1631-661f-4fae-a4ac-de5f87a48551.jpg

Very interested in how you attached that there. Any additional close up photos of how you attached it?

2019 Niken GT

• 2 months later...
  • Supporting Member

This just in from a fellow owner. Mounting lights on the suspension directly to the bolts was clever. Personally like the stealthy look and if you have these style/size of lights this may be a potential mounting solution. 

One must be sure that the auxiliary lights in question aren't so large that they end up  interfering with the front suspension clearance while leaning/turning. 

BD9A1F9A-2CB8-495F-90E1-45897AC72069.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1

2019 Niken GT

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, maximNikenGT said:

Mounting lights on the suspension directly to the bolts was clever.

Any chance of a closer pic of the installation and brand name of lights?

• 7 months later...
  • Supporting Member

Reposting from another thread - anyone attempted using LED cornering lights from a FJ1300 or Tracer 9 GT into the Niken? I know Yamaha has the tech - just not sure how hard it would be to make it work with the Niken or if the front end cowling will even fit the new cornering lights or if the IMU will even work correctly with an LED from another Yamaha model.

2019 Niken GT