Traded my Tracer 900 GT.....happy and sad.

Michiel900GT

After very long consideration I finally decided to trade my Tracer for a different bike.

Today I bought a brand new Tiger 900 Rally Pro.

It was a difficult decision as I still think the Tracer 900 is a very beautiful bike with a great engine.

However, even after upgrading the suspension, adjusting the seat and changing the pegs I came to the conclusion that it just wasn't the bike for me. 

I find it to be too sporty and too little tour. The Tracer comes to its right when you drive it a bit more sporty. Its DNA comes from a fun bike that is great for short corners, twisty turns and higher revs. The driving position is also a bit on the sporty side. I on the other hand are more the type of driver that loves a very relaxed way of driving, lower revs and a driving position that is somewhat laid back.

I noticed that I struggled in the corners and I loved to ride in B-mode. 

It is of course very personal. And it does hurt a bit to say farewell to the beauty that the Tracer is. But all in all, the Tiger is more suited for me.

I'll be picking it up on Friday, so that's something to look forward to!

It's a green Rally Pro with as an extra the high crash bars.

Edited by Michiel900GT
Typo
  • Thumbsup 7

• Supporting Member
10 hours ago, Michiel900GT said:

After very long consideration I finally decided to trade my Tracer for a different bike.

Today I bought a brand new Tiger 900 Rally Pro.

I have read a few reviews on the Rally Pro, it sounds like a very nice bike, if I was looking at getting into more adventure riding, the new Rally Pro would be a top contender.

Congratulations on the new bike, go out and get it muddy!

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

9 hours ago, Paddy01 said:

Good luck with the new Tiger Michiel. I think you’ll find the build quality is superior to the Tracer GT. 

This is what I've heard from other people as well. I'm not sure what the differences are as I think the Tracer is quite well build, but I'm looking forward for the experience.