Question for owners with Terry Adcox seats

I’m on Terry’s schedule to have the seat on my GT reworked in February (yep, he’s booked up).   I’ve been trying to read as many comments as I can from others that have now, or had in the past,  seats rebuilt by him.  
Almost all reviews are positive, but I’ve found a few that indicate the wings have a tendency to collapse, although in most cases, they still speak very favorably of the seat.   I mentioned this to Terry and he was a little surprised and had not heard this feedback before.  He did re-emphasize that each seat is custom made to support the weight of the rider.  He also went on to say that he has custom built some that are not as pronounced “bucket” and I could go that way if I had concerns of the bucket design.  The attached pictures are from him of the alternate design.  It MAY be someone here, and if so, I would like to hear feedback.  Or if anyone here has altered from his basic design, I would like to hear comments.

TIA

113B4583-CE36-4F35-9432-1CF40151B705.jpeg

AF860CFB-50D3-4D5C-B17B-C6B1C4B1D7FF.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1

I have one of his seats but did not ask for any special provisions.  He asked me to take some pictures of myself sitting on the bike from the side, shoulder to knee and then one a bit closer.  Like you I had to have my name put in a que and wait for him to contact me.  It was about three months.

Well worth the wait.  At first I was a bit surprised at how firm the seat is.  However one long ride was all it took.  It's a great seat, and very well made.  Did not take long to get comfortable and there was very little break in.  Easily the most comfortable seat I have ever had on a motorcycle by a wide margin.  Feels like I could drain a tank and never squirm.  

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

@johnmark101, Your feedback is very similar to everything I have read, so I’m quite sure I will be happy.  Historically, I have used Sargent seats and have always been very pleased, but apparently they missed the mark on the offering for the GT.  
Did you find it necessary to use a different seat height after the rebuild?  Besides being wider, it appears to be much higher as well.  

Yes, I had to put the seat in the lower position to comfortably reach the ground with both feet due to the added height.  I have a 34 inch inseam for what it is worth.

I too have used Sargent seats in the past on my other bikes and they were quite good, but Terry's seat is much better.  For what it is worth I was one of the first to get the Sargent seat for the GT.  The fit to the bike was horrible and sitting on the seat I was not impressed.  

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

Hmmmm, with my 32” inseam, I may have a bit more problem with the build.  For that reason alone, I may have to opt for his alternate design as it appears to be somewhat lower.  I’ll confirm this of course before the build date.  
Thanks for the feedback!

I recently received my Adcox seat for my 2019 Tracer GT and I quite happy with it. I have used Sargent seats on several bikes and was going to get one for the Tracer, however their Tracer GT seats were FUBAR.  At first I thought I'd have to use  the Adcox seat in the low position, but found I can still get my feet on the ground with the seat in the high position so that's how I use it.

The seat is very comfortable. I was concerned about the wings interfering with my hanging off riding style but have adapted. I can feel the wings while hanging off but it's minimal.  Fortunately I still have the original OEM seat so I can install it if I want to do aggressive riding. Overall I like and highly recommend the Terry Adcox modified seat. I hadn't heard of the wings collapsing but I don't have many miles on the seat to comment. For normal riding the seat is very comfortable.

@dpippin I’m not that aggressive of a rider to hang off, so I think the wings will be fine with only minimal adjustment in how I sit.  I’m not sure which position will end up being best for me.  I haven’t really determined a favorite position with the stock seat - both feel good so far..

• 2 months later...