Artist Point Revisited

daboo

Both James (jtvisions) and I were feeling a bit stir-crazy from being locked down because of the fire smoke in the area being so unhealthy.  Plus, we're watching as the days went by as the weather is getting cooler and wetter...knowing that the change means the riding season is slipping away.  So we both wanted to go to Artist Point to see the change in colours and see it before the first snows come.
So we headed north up Hwy 9.
ACtC-3cbsZXlJoM9lMwaFHWKgU1GAkIFcGlmhQsn
ACtC-3eBN5u5Q3wrjcnC2u5uE2WlEmxmprAc0s69
This valley is just so pretty.  I love the view and never get tired of it each time I pass this way.  I think one of the cool things about it, is it gives you a glimpse of where you're headed.ACtC-3eax_zjiiqiM4lXDJE9xYUzfBhCiVMnkx4T
Obligatory motorcycle pic.  :)ACtC-3eeGjL67vNPaBaGiU3FPJU1t-35b3jPGjBG
James with Mt. Baker in the background.  As James pointed out, the cloud to the right of Mt. Baker's peak is being formed by the peak itself.  The wind is coming from the south (left) and going over the glaciers, cooling and forming the cloud.ACtC-3dc9Ln4rrvVM4x-bzyF8uv7mrYmDsr-kR0-
ACtC-3eOD7xkQF8x7q1OGAdQD-Qrjy7M9RZgPsBH
As luck would have it, the girl who left the painted rock came back.  :)ACtC-3cQXEOMnIn8ogrcksW_nDw0ME11B9npMHXd
ACtC-3dDgfIY8UwuiLJKnkbOvHNnoJHAYQZ5pvli
ACtC-3eoh8xxYVHvMEqghyl8U6HrEZapArqVxPWN
ACtC-3dWxXSBsLBwxKPi-WrmsfHs0BVcKxkhRaL9
The natural beauty is one reason to ride to Artist Point.  The other is the road.  ACtC-3fkvT9avn6gZsWEDFv13TE5D4e17j7Z-GjU
I see so many motorcyclists and bicyclists come up here, circle the parking lot ...and ride off thinking they saw all there was in less than five minutes.ACtC-3cKmrWN1sTA833lPks0X-Oat6aV3EP9B9EH
ACtC-3dX8cntVFQcvE8VAbAVRcbkPzKXBhtwIaCk
ACtC-3d72iSRA-WGxf2qRjKReR-WMqI-zYebRyLS
ACtC-3eA8mWoqQWZnZgWGs8L-usoJWXSeVrZXnTW
ACtC-3cpTAcyEiZJ2TZA4kKv0zvOGx4vPQhlc24Z
Social distancing doesn't prevent socializing.ACtC-3c5knjbv8CKiOwsKwMT3uJ63jwAiQP-LDJZ
A memento I found when I parked the bike.  I wonder how many miles that leaf stayed on.ACtC-3e4yd3r1-nObJ6Szadkp36FTlgngdzKT-nx

The fall colours were starting, but not that bright quite yet.  So this means James and I will have to go see it all again.  :)
Chris

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 3

• Supporting Member

Man!!  Those colours are just so vibrant :)  What great scenery, thanks for sharing

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount