How deep do you lean?

maximNikenGT

Bikes with the center stand don't have the stabilizer bar. Here you can see it run from below the brake lever then under the exhaust over to the other side.

Stand6.thumb.jpg.f484a557ee1b32b5edcef4982ea1babc.jpg

From what I've read the pegs touch at 43°, mechanical limit at 45° and the outside tire lifts at 50°.

• Thumbsup 1

I hear this called the "sissy patch", the edge of the tire untouched by road. Well, I'm a sissy. I seem to always have a good 1/4 inch of untouched rubber. I've touched pegs once or twice, but always unintentionally. 

• Supporting Member
55 minutes ago, Salish900 said:

I hear this called the "sissy patch", the edge of the tire untouched by road. Well, I'm a sissy. I seem to always have a good 1/4 inch of untouched rubber. I've touched pegs once or twice, but always unintentionally. 

I've heard one of the other forum members referred to them as "chicken strips".  I'll admit I've never intentionally gone so deep where I get to the sidewall. You saw my strips in the first photos and I thought I was Evil Knievel. 

• Thumbsup 1

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

Don't forget, the suspension is compressed and tyres deformed (flattened) on the road surface in a corner. So it's difficult to look at chicken strips and say how many degrees you're over. But very small or no chicken strips is good. Impressive shots there on the Niken!! 

Edited by Manxkiwi

3 hours ago, jetpilot5 said:

Bikes with the center stand don't have the stabilizer bar. Here you can see it run from below the brake lever then under the exhaust over to the other side.

Stand6.thumb.jpg.f484a557ee1b32b5edcef4982ea1babc.jpg

From what I've read the pegs touch at 43°, mechanical limit at 45° and the outside tire lifts at 50°.

and at 51degrees you meet the ER nurse.

• Haha 1

I've ground the blob off on the offside. Havent had enough riding timing to do the nearside one.

Also had the outer wheel come off of the tarmac on a very large roundabout whilst leaning right over - the bike had a shimmy, it didnt approve of my actions! edit - looking at the photos I do wonder if the tyre did come off the road, perhaps it just lost traction momentarily.

I'll push it much harder once ive fitted the new tyres (which havent done due to a shoulder injury and now a hard lockdown).

Edited by pilninggas

To celebrate turning 60, I chased some sport bikes across Wolfpen gap on the Suches (Georgia, USA) loop.  Drug the pegs a lot and the children on the sport bikes were surprised to see gray hair when we stopped to chat. 

I think that's the last time I will do that (on purpose).  I've noticed dumb things seem to be taking longer to heal than they used to 🙃  !

Ride Safe!  

On 12/20/2020 at 3:38 PM, YamaGeezer said:

To celebrate turning 60, I chased some sport bikes across Wolfpen gap on the Suches (Georgia, USA) loop.  Drug the pegs a lot and the children on the sport bikes were surprised to see gray hair when we stopped to chat. 

I think that's the last time I will do that (on purpose).  I've noticed dumb things seem to be taking longer to heal than they used to 🙃  !

Ride Safe!  

Sportbike Kids doesn´t like being chaced by a Niken riden by an old and fat man either. It´s not the bike and the age to do those things, but it´s how i was born no matter the bike i buy to try behave as a normal human being.

DSC02506 (2).JPG

db76.jpg

Edited by pelayo