Not a new member, but have moved to the dark side..

wordsmith

My wife of now 59 years is quite likely the world's best.   And having been a very keen bikeress herself for many years in the past she understands the call of the wild!   She just wants me to be safe.

• Thumbsup 4

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

On 10/3/2020 at 5:51 PM, Dodgy Knees said:

Welcome back Wordy...and I also think they are a cracking bike. Did you try the 700 ?

700?   No - for the simple reason that I figured that a twin - I've owned more than one under both Yamaha and BMW badges - would not have the engaging character and performance of the mighty CP3 motor.  But more than likely the 700 is a fine little bike in its own right.

Edited by wordsmith

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

In response to dozens of requests (well, one!) to show-and-tell about the SP, here goes - a few words and pix about visual differences to the MT-09 Tracer.   Sadly, I cannot comment on any other dynamic aspects of the SP as a crook back has kept me off it since I rode home from the dealer's a week ago!

The fuel tank, similar to the Tracer’s, is a complex attractive shape that could easily have come from a Ducati or MV Augusta or Aprilia, and the striking paint-job is just that – paint, and not stickers.   The quality of the finish on this bike is quite up to those standards too – lovely!

Highly-adjustable suspension at both ends are (front) KYB, and (rear) Ohlins.

Gold fork adds touch of class, tho’ not necessarily to everybody’s taste.

The seat – comfort level tba! – has a nice touch of blue stitching on it.

The display screen is tiny, odd-shaped, and even more oddly offset to the right as seen by the rider, tho’ that is not in any way detrimental to visibility.  White-on-black display is the reverse of that on the standard MT-09.   Screen is pretty busy, and display info is quite small to tiny, but I’ll get used to it all.   Plenty of display options too via the various settings,

Black tapered ‘bar and levers are standard.

Blue wheels are also standard on the SP.  A neat touch is the MT-09 SP decal on the wheels

There is a small ‘winglet’ or deflector adorning the outside edge of the radiator.

Mirrors are on quite short stems, so vibration should be minimal.

P1070121.JPG

P1070130.JPG

P1070122.JPG

P1070123.JPG

P1070124.JPG

P1070125.JPG

P1070127.JPG

P1070129.JPG

P1070132.JPG

P1070133.JPG

Edited by wordsmith
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1