mirror stems

I know from the past that the nuts securing the mirror stems into the 'bar-mounted clamp are NOT the same.   One is 'reverse thread', but not sure which one.   As I recall, one nut tightens as a normal nut when turning the spanner clockwise: the other stem-nut is reverse and loosens when turned counter-clockwise.   I hope I've got that right - but which is which? - please help!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

1 hour ago, wordsmith said:

I know from the past that the nuts securing the mirror stems into the 'bar-mounted clamp are NOT the same.   One is 'reverse thread', but not sure which one.   As I recall, one nut tightens as a normal nut when turning the spanner clockwise: the other stem-nut is reverse and loosens when turned counter-clockwise.   I hope I've got that right - but which is which? - please help!

the right side mirrors are the reverse ones

• Thumbsup 1

• 2 weeks later...

On the topic of mirror, ever since I got my new tracer gt, notice the right mirror vibrate more than left, 100-170kmh, I have not so good vibrate vision on right over left, when i touch the mirror stem, can feel it vibrates more than left, is that normal as intend to bring it in to rectified if possible on next oil change. 

1 hour ago, WKE002 said:

On the topic of mirror, ever since I got my new tracer gt, notice the right mirror vibrate more than left, 100-170kmh, I have not so good vibrate vision on right over left, when i touch the mirror stem, can feel it vibrates more than left, is that normal as intend to bring it in to rectified if possible on next oil change. 

Mines the same, next to impossible to see anything in focus in the right mirror at speed.

• Thumbsup 1

7 hours ago, WKE002 said:

Affirm, same here. In my case, I feel that the mirror's ball and cup are not as tight on my right mirror as the left. That, combined with the specific resonances observed at very similar speeds lead to the right mirror vibrating worse than the left.

• Thumbsup 1

I don't have any of these problems with tightness or excessive vibration.

I installed the SW Motech Mirror Extenders as a first mod after bringing the bike home so maybe that has something to do with it.

IDK... maybe maybe not 🤔

Blue Lives Matter

• Supporting Member

Same here, I have used the stock bars, Rizoma bars, stock hand guards, after market or no hand guards, stock mirrors and with 40mm extenders, weighted bar ends and even filled the bars with BB's to dampen the vibrations but still find the bars vibrate enough to not see clearly behind me with the right one being worse than the left.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 3 months later...

The right side vibrates a bit more than the left on most motorcycles because the throttle grip needs a little space to turn. That decouples the weight of the grip and your hand from the bars, so you get a little more buzz.

• Thumbsup 2