Tracer Signals Flasher Location

GaryN

So, I have searched to no avail. Can anyone tell me where the flasher is on a 2020 Tracer GT? I bought the Blaster Tail Light (looks great so far) and Rizoma front LED signals. I also bought the Blaster Flasher. I assume the stock flasher in under the seat. Way easy on my FZ07. 

Would have rather used a TFT Industries flasher but they don't make one for the Tracer. Probably the MT09 version works?

Thanks for any help.

Gary

28 minutes ago, GaryN said:

So, I have searched to no avail. Can anyone tell me where the flasher is on a 2020 Tracer GT? I bought the Blaster Tail Light (looks great so far) and Rizoma front LED signals. I also bought the Blaster Flasher. I assume the stock flasher in under the seat. Way easy on my FZ07. 

Would have rather used a TFT Industries flasher but they don't make one for the Tracer. Probably the MT09 version works?

Thanks for any help.

Gary

On the 2020 right in back of battery terminal side .about 1 inch square.    MIKE

1008201921_Burst01.jpg

32 minutes ago, GaryN said:

Thanks for any help.

Gary

I have an extra tft industries flasher still in the packaging.  Fits 2019 tracer.  I am using an identical one.  Will let it go for cheap if you want it.  Just pay shipping or whatever.  And yes, flasher is under the seat kind of toward the back tucked away.  No pics but its fairly easy to find.

• Supporting Member
34 minutes ago, GaryN said:

So, I have searched to no avail. Can anyone tell me where the flasher is on a 2020 Tracer GT?

This is the location on the FJ09.  Bottom, right of photo with red plug.  I am using the TST Industries relay.

image.thumb.png.c54f4425bf11e1ec7b58646473a6330d.png

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

15 minutes ago, betoney said:

This is the location on the FJ09.  Bottom, right of photo with red plug.  I am using the TST Industries relay.

image.thumb.png.c54f4425bf11e1ec7b58646473a6330d.png

Yep still in the same location on the 2020.

MIKE

• Thumbsup 2

Thanks everyone.  Found it. The Custom LED flasher is not as nice as the what Ive seen from TFT. This one just kinda flops around, where the TFT is more stock like install wise it seems. But, the CustomLED works fine. For now anyway. 

What a giant difference with the Rizoma blinkers and Blaster tail light. I did the Yoshi fender eliminator as well. So much cleaner. 

Had the same bulbous blinkers on my FZ 07. I guess Yamaha saves a fortune using the same ugly signal lights on many of their bikes. Whatever. Fun to change stuff anyway. 

Thanks again!

Gary

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, GaryN said:

Thanks everyone.  Found it. The Custom LED flasher is not as nice as the what Ive seen from TFT. This one just kinda flops around, where the TFT is more stock like install wise it seems. But, the CustomLED works fine. For now anyway. 

Hope you have more luck than I did with my CustomLED flasher as it died on me after little use.  Thankfully they are cheap and easy to replace. 🙂

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member
10 minutes ago, Ride365 said:

I assume you lose the running lights option with the LED signals, from the dual filament incandescent bulbs? 

Not necessarily.  It depends on the LED signals (it should say in the product description), I have front running lights on mine, I am using X-Arc LED's front and rear.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Don't have the running lights on mine. I'm using Rizoma front LED turn signals and their three to two harness adapter. Doesn't bother me since the headlight is more important to me, and I always run high beams during the day.