Sign in to follow this  
nhchris

New BMWs, OMG!

A rider baked his riding boots on his R1200RS.  If that happened with a much smaller engine, I wonder how bad the heat is with a car engine on the bike?

Chris

Have not ridden an R18 but did ride a Ducati Diavel.  At the time my bike was a CBR600RR - now that was a big difference!  Made a left out of the dealership and almost crashed - it kept going straight until I remembered that I had to actually steer the thing!  I sat on an R18 the other day expecting it to be a heavy bike but light to move off of the kick stand - NO!!!  It was a heavy beast, made the S1000RR next to it seem like childs play to sit on and move side to side.  Rode an Indian FTR a few months back - it was the total opposite fun and very light feeling.  If I were to buy one of those bikes it would be the FTR, wouldn't even have to think about it for a second!  AS a British gentleman who used to work for BSA and raced desert sleds said of a particularly heavy bike:  "it's a club bike, if you drop it you need the whole club to pick it up".

When I go and look around the dealership I leave still very happy with my Tracer GT and a smile on my face.  Got in a nice ride today, such a sweet.  I've got the suspension and the tires where they work for me, probably a bit too much dive under heavy braking but love the Tracer GT.  It combines the best of several of my previous bikes without the bad parts.  

Edited by PhotoAl