Wind screen

simon1963

Nothing redeems the Yamaha screen, except maybe cutting it in half for summer use. I would go for the Puig touring screen every time.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

I have put a clip on spoiler / wind deflector available from a popular auction site for about £17. To my standard screen and it works very well when you get the angle right. A cheap but I find effective resolution to the problem. I am 6ft 1 by the way.

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, chris wilkins said:

I have put a clip on spoiler / wind deflector available from a popular auction site for about £17. To my standard screen and it works very well when you get the angle right. A cheap but I find effective resolution to the problem. I am 6ft 1 by the way.

I have one of the eBay wind deflectors as well. They are inexpensive, surprisingly well made and work quite effectively. 👍

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I made a decision re my screen (at least for now).

I would have purchased a Puig Touring Screen with visor, in Clear --- circa £140 --- but there are none available.

I could have bought a Puig Touring Screen without a visor, in clear -- circa £95 but I am not sure I need extra height without the ability to fiddle with the visor. (I am 5ft 9in so it's possible the Puig screen would have beengetting dropped to the low position as opposed to high with the OEM).

I decided against £70 for an MRA X creen. A Puig seems to offer better value/options.( OK, I know it's twice the price.)

Ex China. Many of the X creen "clones" have a single centre fixing. I ruled them out. Many of the clones with "two clamps/legs" have them secured to the visor a long way from the outside edge. I ruled them out.

I eventually found an ex China visor, from  an eBay vendor "birdman racing" item number 273631925194.

He offers the visor in three widths, the "legs" are near the sides, the visor has double hinge "legs" (it was unclear on many offerings if they had this adjustability).

The vendor was open to offers so I offered a bit below the asking price and it was accepted.

I will update when the Visor arrives in November.

I should add that I do not think the OEM screen is bad, (unlike the one on a Triumph Tiger 800 where I fitted a Madstad almost immediately). On the GT I am simply looking to see if I can change the airflow a bit.

Edited by flyfifer

On 10/13/2020 at 7:44 AM, mellow said:

I have the Yamaha Touring shield and the MRA X-Creen and it works pretty good.

I also use the Yamaha touring screen and it is much better than the stock (3" higher, couple inches wider) shorty screen. I will likely switch back when it gets warmer, for the additional airflow.