Center Stand holds bike at angle

Hey, have any of you noticed that your center stand doesn't hold your bike quite level? No, it's not my garage floor! My bike sits at about a 5 -10 degree lean, quite noticable, to the right. It's odd. I realize a slight welding difference would account for this, and to correct it would be a matter of adding or taking away materials, but there you go. Since my bike leans to the right I need to take that into account when checking my oil. 

• Thumbsup 1

Must be a Continental Divide thing.  My ‘19 Tracer GT is level on the center stand.  The side stand is not good as the bike leans way too far to the left.....I have ordered a “big foot” plate for the side stand.

Edited by whisperquiet
  • Thumbsup 2

41 minutes ago, whisperquiet said:

Must be a Continental Divide thing.  My ‘19 Tracer GT is level on the center stand.  The side stand is not good as the bike leans way too far to the left.....I have ordered a “big foot” plate for the side stand.

Oh yeah, and in the southern hemisphere the bike leans the opposite direction...😁 I checked the level of the bike with my level on the rear tire. You can plainly see the tilt with your eye. I think I'm going to epoxy some wedge of fiberglass or plastic onto the appropriate side because it just bugs me. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

Hmmmm,  carpenter level says mine is spot on. Is it possible some of you folks who are experiencing this phenomenon lean to the left or right?

Mine leans to the right on the center stand... but not enough to notice until I read about it online even tho I use the center stand the majority of the time :)

Were I to modify it the only caveat might be to not have material of dissimilar friction/traction on the feet. 

1 hour ago, DavidS said:

Hmmmm,  carpenter level says mine is spot on. Is it possible some of you folks who are experiencing this phenomenon lean to the left or right?

Funny people here! My carpenter level held against the rear tire top and bottom has the bubble pinned to the side. Like I said, my bike leans a good amount. Super obvious. I'd attach a picture but I think a photo would be hard to interpret. 

1 hour ago, chitown said:

Mine leans to the right on the center stand... but not enough to notice until I read about it online even tho I use the center stand the majority of the time :)

Were I to modify it the only caveat might be to not have material of dissimilar friction/traction on the feet. 

That's a good question. I don't know that the bare metal has high friction, or holds it's place through friction of any great degree. I suspect you would be Ok so long as you don't use something really slick. If I could weld, I would use metal, but I could always epoxy or JBWeld some metal on there I guess. 

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, chitown said:

Mine leans to the right on the center stand... but not enough to notice until I read about it online

Yep, its amazing the issues you discover only after reading about them online.  😄

I just 'discovered' that the radiator hoses aren't aesthetically pleasing, I never even noticed them before reading about it here. 🤷‍♀️

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I've just been out tweaking the rear shock, and , to the delight of my watching neighbours, took a big spirit level to the bike on the centre (center) stand :)

All lovely and flat I am happy to report, and also happy to report I left the neighbours utterly confused :)

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1