Oil fill funnel

• Premium Member

The foil is a good tip.

But how dumb is it that we even need a thread about this? What idiot thought it would be a good idea to put the oil filler under the clutch cover? Every other Yamaha I have seen has the filler on top of the clutch cover or side cover where any old funnel works just fine. Probably designed by the same shithead who created the bodywork puzzle. 

• Thumbsup 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2021 at 11:34 AM, keithu said:

The foil is a good tip.

But how dumb is it that we even need a thread about this? What idiot thought it would be a good idea to put the oil filler under the clutch cover? Every other Yamaha I have seen has the filler on top of the clutch cover or side cover where any old funnel works just fine. Probably designed by the same shithead who created the bodywork puzzle. 

I am convinced it's the same idiot who place the ignition key so deep and offset on the triple tree.  Just WTF kind of easy access is that?  🙄  Even when turned full lock left. I still can't manage to insert the key without taking gloves off.

Hello Keith... howya doin'? 

Edited by Warchild
  • Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Warchild said:

I am convinced it's the same idiot who place the ignition key so deep and offset on the triple tree.  Just WTF kind of easy access is that?  🙄  Even when turned full lock left. I still can't manage to insert the key without taking gloves off.

Doing great, welcome! Yeah the ignition location sucks but you get used to it.

• Supporting Member
On 2/22/2021 at 2:34 PM, keithu said:

The foil is a good tip.

Now I'm wondering if the oil filler design happened on a Monday morning or an early Friday afternoon...

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

• Premium Member
On 3/13/2021 at 9:53 AM, Warchild said:

Yes I agree regarding both, especially with Givi case guards but I even though it's a pain but I have size 11 mitts and wear armored gloves yet still can insert and turn the key.  Practice does help if not make perfect.