Farkling along....

• Premium Member
So close. p3rry_zpsjpvxnqqr.gif
back to the ham nerd school for you
I also have an A&P license, and private pilots license to smooth out the nerd thing. I spent way to much time studying in my youth.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Your bike (wife's bike actually) looks very nice with your additions. Not much left to do me thinks. Wheel strips as you mentioned, and maybe an exhaust and seat?
Good job, me likey. super_zpsd4x7by7h.gif
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

It's my wife's indeed... :)And she's just spoiled by me... :D
Stock exhaust is just fine..Seat not sure yet....she's not complaining about the stock one...
But there are some nice ones out there....(especially in France)..regarding the price that would be a better deal compared with the one from Yamaha....
Some pics from some French Tracer riders:
20150414.jpg
20150210.jpg
img_1517.jpg
selle_13.jpg

Added the knuckle guard lights..... 

Are those lights visible to oncoming cars in the daytime, you think? I'm sure they are at night. 
Ty

Jep, that is...sort of...in bright sunny daylight it looks like a white stripe on the knuckle guards when you're approaching in front.The $20 CREE spots however really do their "visibility" job on bright sunny days.IMHO best mod ever...

@hupelde:

Very nice bike!
I hope to do mostly the same to mine. So I have some questions for you:

How difficult it is to install ERMAX EVO belly pan. I have read that the nettings have to be siliconed in doubleteped. Is the belly pan sturdy during riding or does it make more sound then riding without. I would also like to know, if you can install it without the central part, if you decide you don't like it (I know you can buy the one without this part)?

Where did you buy the radiator guard?

Uff ... a lot of questions [span id=transmark][/span]:).

Thanks!

@hupelde: 
Very nice bike!
I hope to do mostly the same to mine. So I have some questions for you:

How difficult it is to install ERMAX EVO belly pan. I have read that the nettings have to be siliconed in doubleteped. Is the belly pan sturdy during riding or does it make more sound then riding without. I would also like to know, if you can install it without the central part, if you decide you don't like it (I know you can buy the one without this part)?

Where did you buy the radiator guard?

Uff ... a lot of questions [span id=transmark][/span]:).

Thanks!
Thanks... :)
The belly pan is really easy peasy to install...The nettings was a little surprise since I had to cut out it myself...doubleside tape was provided but I only used clear silicone
There is no difference in sound during riding and it's rock solid during riding.
You can install it without the central part...(I didn't like it without it)..according the instructions it's attached through 4 bolts at the botton and then the top would need to be sticked with the provided doubleside tape. The last item didn't worked for me...so I used 2 bolts at the top so I'm sure it's nice and tight fitted.
I got my belly pan from France...they offered it with a discount online: link
The radiator guard is the one from Yamaha which they offer in their accessoire list..

I'm pleased to hear it's easy to fit. I got mine last week and was somewhat disappointed with it - my fault really, was expecting the black to be at the top and the Red at the bottom, then I noticed the Red isn't quite the same as the bike :( Decided it be best if I just put everything back in the bag and look at it another day - not quite what I would have expected doing seeing I'd paid a reasonable amount for it and having to wait 3 weeks, but rather walk away when unhappy and avoid the risk of messing up the installation.

My side rails arrived today, so will focus on getting them fitted first ;)

Thanks for the info hupelde :) !

This belly pan really looks good on this bike 8-) [span id=transmark][/span]! I will also order it from the same shop in Franc. It just bothers me that the central part is black and not coloured like the rest of it. I will have it in race blue, so I am considering wrapping or painting the central part in blue. We'll see.

Did you buy the side gold stripes or have you had it made?

Here's our baby..... :)IMG_0001_zpsdr7uajs3.jpg

JMV Concept hugger:IMG_0003_zpsprzvsamn.jpgIMG_0004_zpsp8rnweyd.jpg
IMG_0002_zpsmsbzworm.jpg
Ermax Belly Pan, SW Motech bars and $20 Cree spots... :):IMG_0005_zpsuajscu9h.jpgIMG_0007_zpsordybh2q.jpgIMG_0008_zpsc9jmndh8.jpg
Creative solution for our bike to bike communication antenna:IMG_0026_zpsaorfnnxo.jpgIMG_0009_zpswoxbqxjb.jpg
IMG_0025_zps5oyrz7ec.jpg
Koubalink mirror extenders:
IMG_0027_zpsify3prpt.jpgHandlebar switch for Cree spots...:
IMG_0036_zpsy5yvwrlt.jpgTodo:Golden RIM stripesKnuckle guard LED'sGripheatersContourLEDs on sidecases
I'll keep you posted... :)

Hi! Can I know why is your belly pan different from the one I saw online. The ermax belly pan comes in 2 different parts.

Hi! Can I know why is your belly pan different from the one I saw online. The ermax belly pan comes in 2 different parts.
 There are two versions of belly pan, what you see in these pics is the EVO which has three parts, most websites I've seen only have the 'original' two part belly pan. 

Archived