Farkling along....

Good luck with the FJR bags.  I had mine ordered through my dealer with a 15% discount for purchasing my bike from them.  They cancelled it and told me the bags were discontinued.  I ended up ordering the Shad kit with the top case and am awaiting that order to ship.  Its unfortunate because i really wanted the FJR bags, but the painted are more than twice as much (i think almost 700 each).  
Did you try to get the matte black FJR bags or the 2014 colored red ones?
I initially tried to get the unpainted bags that were like $300 a piece, but the dealer stated these were discontinued.  I know the painted ones were almost 700, but im not sure about the matte black, I haven't seen those.  City bags were around $350 a piece i think.  

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you try to get the matte black FJR bags or the 2014 colored red ones?
I initially tried to get the unpainted bags that were like $300 a piece, but the dealer stated these were discontinued.  I know the painted ones were almost 700, but im not sure about the matte black, I haven't seen those.  City bags were around $350 a piece i think.  
I think I've scene the FJR bag being what I would call a matte black. Not painted black, that's for sure. But your news is disappointing about availability. I want the FJR bags as I don't ride with saddle bags in the city. I ride my shetbox 650 thumper, not the FJ.  A bit more space with the FJR bags is on my to do list if they can still be purchased. Doesn't sound like it though.  
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

I think I've scene the FJR bag being what I would call a matte black. Not painted black, that's for sure. But your news is disappointing about availability. I want the FJR bags as I don't ride with saddle bags in the city. I ride my shetbox 650 thumper, not the FJ.  A bit more space with the FJR bags is on my to do list if they can still be purchased. Doesn't sound like it though.
I believe you are talking about the bags OP has.  Look at the first page, those are the unpainted FJR bags.  These are what are being discontinued and nol onger available.

Yep, those are the ones. New game plan. Thanks
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

It's my wife's indeed... :)And she's just spoiled by me... :D Stock exhaust is just fine..Seat not sure yet....she's not complaining about the stock one...
But there are some nice ones out there....(especially in France)..regarding the price that would be a better deal compared with the one from Yamaha....
Some pics from some French Tracer riders:
20150414.jpg
20150210.jpg
img_1517.jpg
selle_13.jpg

Can I get a link to the location of the forum or purchase location these seats came from??? I have never seen these ones before :o

So are you using motodynamic tail light as just the brake light or is it also used as signal light along with your LED signal lights? Right now I'm using it just as a brake light. Mostly because I didn't know you need additional harness, but I'm also waiting for that LED signal lights to be available.

So are you using motodynamic tail light as just the brake light or is it also used as signal light along with your LED signal lights? Right now I'm using it just as a brake light. Mostly because I didn't know you need additional harness, but I'm also waiting for that LED signal lights to be available.
Both brake and signal lights.

I'm guessing LED signal also has splitter for brake and signal lines then?
Not sure what you mean with this...?If you order the split cable from MD the piece will work OK. They also have a FAQ on their website with more details..

Rear LED signal also work as brake lights, running lights, signal lights, no? I remember seeing a youtube video of it. Figure you'd need a splitter cable to hook up to corresponding light source.
Right... So the MD unit is working with the 3 functions. Wires are all there for it...white/red/black/yellow and blue..
The turning signals are the ones from Yamaha (YME-FLB2F-00-00 LED BLINKER FRONT PLUS / YME-FLB2R-00-00 LED BLINKER REAR PLUS) and contain also the 3 functions. Because of this setup the original splitter cable got obsolete for me...so I've splitted the existing cables myself.
Cable colors are equal so you can't go wrong... :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Thanks very much for the update!  I have placed an order for the FJR unpainted bags (with Yamaha of Cucamonga in CA, USA), the 3 lock set, and the FJ09 lower mounting posts.   
I went to my local Yamaha Dealer first, and received very disturbing news regarding the unpainted FJR saddlebags.  When he looked them up he was only able to find the Left Bag listed as available.  The Right side bag was designated as being discontinued!  He called up Yamaha (don't know who exactly) and was told they were fazing out the unpainted FJR bags and just selling what they had left (hence only one side being listed as available, and with a mid-July delivery time).  :^(   The painted bags are available but double the price.

In any event I found them listed with Yamaha of Cucamonga as available and placed my order online with fingers crossed.  They called me the next day to confirm the order and inform me that delivery would not happen until mid-July.  I made it clear that I needed the complete order or nothing (one bag doesn't do me any good, nor the mounts and lock sets if I can't get the Yamaha bags).  They seemed fine with that, and so now I wait to see what happens.  Wish me luck! 

Hope you had a great time on your ride!

*** Update ***

My FJR (unpainted black) Saddlebags have arrived!  The mounting hardware also arrived at the same time, and I've received the shipping notice on the lock set which should arrive in the next day or so.  Yamaha of Cucamonga came thru for me! 

I also received a text from 2WheelDynoWorks saying my ECU has been flashed and is on its way back to me!  My only issue now is that I'm out off town and won't be able to put everything together until I get back, but at least it will all be there waiting for me!  :^)  

• 4 weeks later...

Archived