Shoei Neotec 2

keithu

• 4 months later...
On 10/13/2020 at 2:11 PM, keithu said:

That too. Glasses are much easier to wear in a modular helmet. 

+1, easier to wear, easier to put the glasses on, easier to take them off when you need to clean them, and easier to wipe fog off them when riding :)

• Premium Member

Update: Something I don't like about this Neotec 2 is that the chin bar is somewhat difficult to latch closed. I find that I really have to slam it closed pretty hard or else it doesn't latch closed. With my old Scorpion and HJC modulars the chin bar latched closed with a relatively soft touch.

Anyone else notice this? It actually seems to be getting worse on mine and I'm considering a warranty claim. 

• 1 year later...
16 minutes ago, afineAmerican said:

I have the original Neotec. Anybody who's owned both Neotec versions, is the Neotec II worth the extra $$$ over the Neotec I?

I have both.

the neotec 2 is 100% worth the extra $ over the neotec 1.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
9 hours ago, KellyL said:
  •  (the Neotec II has a hard detente that forces it to open to a width that crosses my line of vision)

This would be my only 'complaint' with the Neo II.  I'm regularly riding with the visor cracked to its first detent and it's (IMHO) just that little bit too much of a gap.   If there was a way to 'halve' the opening it would tick all of the boxes for me.

Otherwise, a great but expensive lid. 

On 4/15/2021 at 1:14 PM, keithu said:

Update: Something I don't like about this Neotec 2 is that the chin bar is somewhat difficult to latch closed. I find that I really have to slam it closed pretty hard or else it doesn't latch closed. 

Just like slapping in a magazine. Do it like you mean it and pull to make sure it's locked securely. 

Yikes that's a lot of money for a lid, I can almost get a high end rear shock for that. I like the Scorpion AT950, I can buy 2 for that price and feel like I personally got my best money's worth and fit me very well with overall very good fit/finish. I know how nice Shoei's are, my buddy swears by them for many reasons and I owned an RF900 years ago.......but damn they aren't $700 nice.

Edited by Ride365

And if you replace your helmet every 5-7 years that costs adds up.

I replaced my 10-year-old Neotec with $160 Bilt modular from Cyclegear and never looked back.

I will toss the Bilt after 3 years and buy a fresh model.  

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

8 hours ago, nhchris said:

And if you replace your helmet every 5-7 years that costs adds up.

I replaced my 10-year-old Neotec with $160 Bilt modular from Cyclegear and never looked back.

I will toss the Bilt after 3 years and buy a fresh model.  

I’m personally not a giant fan of the Bilt fit, finish, overall quality and longevity but I’ve personally long been a proponent of buying a last years graphic, closeout helmet at 40%-50% of what this years is for the same reasons: if it drops, gets stinky, fits weird, I crash, whatever, I’m far more likely to just replace a $200-300 helmet than I am a $600 or $800 helmet. If you watch sales and discount venders, and are not super picky in the graphics, deals are out there.