Phone and Gopro mounts

Just wondering what people are doing with regards to mounting a phone or satnav and Gopro? There isn't much room on the bars and I don't really want to sticky pad the Gopro to the body work. So if you have alternative methods a photo would be great 👍

RAM mount clamp to center of bar with a 4" swivel arm, works great and nothing else would likely be more secure. I go back and forth between my phone being mounted or my Garmin Zumo 390, both have the appropriate cradle mount which attaches in seconds on the RAM mount.

IMO my GoPro mount worked out very nicely.  3D printed a RAM mont for it - a ball with a bolt thru it at the bottom and then a ball on the top with a GoPro mount.  Added a short GoPro piece to get a bit more height so it peeks out under the windscreen on the left side.  I printed a 45mm RAM clamp to connect the two balls.  So far it has worked very nicely.  Same thing could be done with RAM parts at a greater expense and not be cool blue.  Printed in PETG as PLA can't withstand the temperatures. The bottom ball is mounted to a bracket where the fairing fastens with a push pin.  I popped the pin out and replaced with a bolt.

Garmin Zumo XT is mounted with the RAM mounts as well.  I used a RAM ball that has a bolt thru it which replaces one of the handlebar mounting bolts.  Bought it at Cycle Gear.  Using the handlebar mounting bolt gives me 4 options, left or right side and forward or back.  That coupled with the rest of the RAM mounting gives me a good bit of flexibility with position.  I have a couple of longer RAM connectors which can give me even more flexibility in positioning the Zumo.  Only have a couple of thousand miles with the handlebar mount but it has worked very nicely.  Very smooth compared to previous bike. As you can tell from the photo I am still running with the Zumo plugged into the outlet.  

IMG_1934.thumb.jpg.72072b318d3b352b33abaa845578352d.jpg

5 hours ago, chris wilkins said:

Just wondering what people are doing with regards to mounting a phone or satnav and Gopro? There isn't much room on the bars and I don't really want to sticky pad the Gopro to the body work. So if you have alternative methods a photo would be great 👍

No clue on the GoPro. A RAM-B-367U will replace one of your handlebar clamp bolts and put a ball right on top of the clamp (bolt goes down through it).

hope this helps