Handgaurd extenders.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2020 at 5:00 PM, nigel5 said:

I have made my own basically thin piece of plastic that uses 2 screws inside original hand guards, crucially they extend above and BELOW original guard as I find windblast freezes my thumbs!

Not pretty but I only use in the winter.my 

My clutch and brake lever came from the dealer adjusted higher than the grips.  I have big hands so this was really uncomfortable causing my hands to cramp. I just adjusted (rotated) both levers down about 2".  When doing this, I noticed that this plastic guard rotates with the lever.  Now the bottom of my fingers are covered with the guard.  Before they were fully exposed to wind on the bottom. Not sure if your levers are adjusted the same way as mine were.  Just a thought.

• Thumbsup 1

The stock hand guards are junk for wind protection. For me they also exaggerated the wobble when behind an SUV or big truck. I went without them for the first summer and then went to the KTM hand guards. KTM hand guards worked well and I like the looks of them. However when it gets really cold 30's-low 40's the notch in the hand guard to clear the KTM windscreen will let  cold air over the back of the hand.  After a car backed into my parked motorcycle, cracked the hand guard and broke off the clutch lever I replaced the KTM with the barkbusters that have the brace to protect the levers. The VPS hand guards have notch like the KTM but they do have a lip that can be raised or lowered. I also have a set of barkbuster storms and they create a nice pocket of calm air. They make the barkbusters that are just hand guards and fasten to the bar end that I'm sure are a lot easier to install. For me to get the hand guard in the correct spot, it required some adjustments on the bench grinder and some re-bending.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dodgy Knees said:

Puig sport screen.  I like it. Looks good aswel. No buffering because wind blast hitting chest.  Don't like big screens. Little or nothing for me. 👍

Yes, it looks good on your bike. I have just about had enough of the stock screen.  I get a bit of buffering but the main problem is that it directs the flies at my visor.  I tried one of those deftectors but it was too heavy for the screen and just bounced about.  Going to order the light smoke.👍 

• Thumbsup 1

• 3 weeks later...