How Good is the Bagster Seat

Shizzle

• Premium Member

I love mine - for my behind it was may more comfortable that my Sargent.

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

4 hours ago, Ride365 said:

Well damnit looks like I need to add this to my farkle list!!! LOL

Yep, I have never had a stock seat hurt my ass so bad as this one does. I wonder if it's partly the angle. But I'm 6' 230 and I barely compress this seat at all. It would be impossible to do a full day on this seat. A couple hours max and I'm hurtin. 

I bought the Bagster seat earlier this year and was very disappointed with it. I had my neighbor who does custom upholstery take it apart to add some more cushion to it. When he removed the seat cover there was the same hard, spray in expanding foam that is used on the stock seat and not much of it. You are better to have your stock seat rebuilt in my opinion, and don't forget to raise the front of the seat up to level it out! That was the biggest improvement I got and the cheapest mod. 

• Thumbsup 3

1 hour ago, Shizzle said:

Yep, I have never had a stock seat hurt my ass so bad as this one does. I wonder if it's partly the angle. But I'm 6' 230 and I barely compress this seat at all. It would be impossible to do a full day on this seat. A couple hours max and I'm hurtin. 

I don't find it that bad at all, just needs to be a tad bit deeper back and wider for me.

2 hours ago, showmerider said:

I bought the Bagster seat earlier this year and was very disappointed with it. I had my neighbor who does custom upholstery take it apart to add some more cushion to it. When he removed the seat cover there was the same hard, spray in expanding foam that is used on the stock seat and not much of it. You are better to have your stock seat rebuilt in my opinion, and don't forget to raise the front of the seat up to level it out! That was the biggest improvement I got and the cheapest mod. 

Did you buy the one with the bultex foam? There is no way the stock seat is hard spray in foam. 

Edited by Shizzle

I had my stock seat re-built by a reputable guy.

Cost me £90 and was money down the drain.

The seat pan must in someway be fundamentally flawed imho.

(P.S. I rebuilt my Tiger 800 seat myself and it was better than the original. The Tracer is so bad I decided to use a professional but that didn't work.)

Edited by flyfifer

• Supporting Member
9 hours ago, flyfifer said:

The seat pan must in someway be fundamentally flawed imho.

Nothing wrong with the seat pan, it’s a piece of plastic.  Myself and a few others I know have had custom seats built on the sock seat pan with fantastic results. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member

The stock seat is foam, when I had the custom seat built, they added more foam and a gel pad in the center.  All day comfort. 👍🏻

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

@Shizzle

21 hours ago, Shizzle said:

Did you buy the one with the bultex foam? There is no way the stock seat is hard spray in foam. 

I did buy the one with bultex foam, at least that's what the paperwork said and what I paid for, but after taking it apart there was nothing more than the foam they use on the factory seat. The passenger seat seems to be okay, but I went back the stock seat for me and raised the front end which seems to help ALOT. I don't understand why they would have so much forward lean on a stock seat.

I ordered the Bagster Seat today with the Bultex Foam. For under $400 at ChromeBurner it seemed like  a bargain. Might have to do the seat slope mod also in conjunction with the new seat. 

A Bagster seat is a big improvement in both style and comfort for any bike...

• Thumbsup 1

8 hours ago, Shizzle said:

I ordered the Bagster Seat today with the Bultex Foam. For under $400 at ChromeBurner it seemed like  a bargain. Might have to do the seat slope mod also in conjunction with the new seat. 

A Bagster seat is a big improvement in both style and comfort for any bike...

Pricing seems comparable - my Bagster-with-Bultex seat is coming from mototstorm.it @ USD$377 including shipping to me here in Oz.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.