Does anyone know......

• Supporting Member
3 minutes ago, chris wilkins said:

Very little free cable, and I don't want to chase the loom back. I also want to keep the loom as stock.

As @BBB mentioned, you just need the silver connectors, what looks like a protective cap is actually the female part of the connector.  The local bike shop might be able to help you out with the silver connectors. 

What I did was go to my local Yamaha shop and talk to the service manager, they had spare wiring harnesses from salvaged bikes, they cut off the connector I needed with about 4" of wire and I spliced it onto the device I was connecting.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 hour ago, chris wilkins said:

Very little free cable, and I don't want to chase the loom back. I also want to keep the loom as stock.

Agreed, why butcher up a brand new bike when you can buy the right connector and make it look nice and professional

• Thumbsup 1

22 minutes ago, Shizzle said:

Agreed, why butcher up a brand new bike when you can buy the right connector and make it look nice and professional

To save the next bloke from having to find that connector? Otherwise, why does it even matter? Connectors are for connecting and UN-connecting. If it ain't ever gonna get unplugged, then what's wrong with good 'ole butt splices or solder (the route I prefer).

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
53 minutes ago, Shizzle said:

Ahh yes, the old hack job. No thanks. Some folks should just stay away from wiring.

You aren't cutting or splicing on the bike end, you would be splicing on the end of the device you are plugging in and then plugging it into the bike harness.

• Thumbsup 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***