Chuckanut Drive - October 2020

daboo

James (jtvisions) got the same itch I had, except he invited me to join him before I could invite him to join me.  But actually, it is far more fun to follow him, than for me to do so.  He's explored the back roads between Everett and the Canadian border more than anyone else probably has.  And so as usual, we went off on a delightful day's ride.

I have to admit the thought crossed my mind to call him up and ask if it would be okay if I showed up in my Subaru with heated seats instead of my F800GT.  One place was down to 37F. :D  I think I'm becoming a wimp in my old age. :D:D

So here's some pics from the day's ride.

We headed north on Hwy 9 and then turned off to some side roads James is familiar with.  This was a delightful place to just sit back and each lunch.

ACtC-3fD_jdfcufRNYETMsnZea357sc8diJJ5Mdb

We skirted the south side of Bellingham and spent some time hiking at Waterfall Park.

ACtC-3fNbowfT2VJPWFHIfImpeyTXCN6qfF_1rMM

This waterfall fascinated me.  Why are those irregular black shapes there on the waterfall?  Normally, you'll see something like the right half, but that left half was very unique.

ACtC-3dVvMS6Ywp8Z9-JsvZKQ9IRVxfz6qU_V6Sl

The tour guide. :)

ACtC-3dBQmQTiwN6HBKNq9keXVfXua_Ki0dciiqh

Some kids doing what kids do best.  Playing next to the water and showing adults how to enjoy life.

ACtC-3dsYNlsRhRoe9FUOGPT4qRCZTcpmkNM6fLX

A bit of autumn colour.

ACtC-3ey5La6ORfrNirFZeO7Qc2nzIO_p0TEL4yy

We headed south along Chuckanut Drive.

ACtC-3eXdaaBNvzpTY_iraRbskmYRq4n6zDrt1ip

ACtC-3f5k7ls7-xKPjJMzqGBvVHWuC3t7XPm5_sP

James wanted to take a detour and head over to the Swinhomish Indian Tribal Community.  I hadn't seen it before, so I followed along.  (This is why I want him to lead, and not me. :D )

ACtC-3fiOd56K3gET6uxMG0XifQVEASf0_qlNe70

ACtC-3eViC5xxrvKhN6Qa_H-3Q0GdT-fZmpQ5X2B

A great day.  A little cool, but heated gear helps keep things enjoyable. :)

Chris

Edited by daboo
  • Thumbsup 2
  • Like 2