Shwmai butt

Alisia

On 10/31/2020 at 7:30 AM, HGP61 said:

Sorry Alisia I think we have hi-jacked your post

If it's a goldwing "bagger" thats about all you can fit in the panniers. Met a couple in Moffat a few weeks ago with a brand new model and coudn't fit their helmrts in the panniers. Had to leave them sitting on the bike when they went for coffee.

Alisia if your thinking about the yamaha panniers (the standard 22ltr ones) you won't fit a helmet in them) Feel better adding that last wee bit.

Haha crack on, I'm enjoying the comments and of course, learning from you more experienced fellows 

I'm thinking that the Blaze pannier system I bought for the Fazer8 may well fit the MT09...IF I could undo the bloody nut things holding the pillion peg on. The allen keys just start to bend. Ive put a screwdriver through the top of the alan key to give me more to work with, but short of hitting the alun key with a hammer..which I'm reluctant to do...I've no idea how to get it to shift. Any tips would be appreciated and a prize emoji for finding the right allan 😆

• Premium Member

ASV levers are nice, high quality and adjustable on the fly.  Also they sometimes have refurbished or reconditioned levers available at a nice savings.  I did this for my FJ-09 and previous bike and the wait was reasonable.

• Thumbsup 1

IBA Member #59800

3 Nations Brewing Mug Club #100

27 minutes ago, rustyshackles said:

ASV levers are nice, high quality and adjustable on the fly.  Also they sometimes have refurbished or reconditioned levers available at a nice savings.  I did this for my FJ-09 and previous bike and the wait was reasonable.

Thank you, I'll take a look

3 hours ago, Alisia said:

I'm thinking that the Blaze pannier system I bought for the Fazer8 may well fit the MT09...IF I could undo the bloody nut things holding the pillion peg on. The allen keys just start to bend. Ive put a screwdriver through the top of the alan key to give me more to work with, but short of hitting the alun key with a hammer..which I'm reluctant to do...I've no idea how to get it to shift. Any tips would be appreciated and a prize emoji for finding the right allan 😆

I have some that are sockets, so if you have a socket set maybe there is an allen key socket that you could get from halfords or somewhere like that.

• Thanks 1

That looks great in black!

I have a 2017 as well and on the topbox topic I have 2 Givis that I change as required, my wife and I ride 2 up most of the time and always have the small box fitted.

IMG_3282.jpg.0b6919dfa80a83dbe45213076b4941c2.jpg

Welcome to the forum.... I love to have panniers and dislike top box, so far not installing one as can’t go in between cars. I used back pack when need to carry stuff, limited to what a pannier or top box can do. 

13 hours ago, Alisia said:

Haha crack on, I'm enjoying the comments and of course, learning from you more experienced fellows 

You have a very beautiful bike.  Mine is afflicted with the blue wheel disease.  I  noticed a difference in seat height and wondered which seat you have gone to.  Also, what is the material between the headlights.  

Wow, rear ended!  That must be frightening indeed.

And on that topic I have a suggestion:  Consider replacing stock taillight with a Blaster X type LED programmable unit. They are inexpensive and draw a lot more attention during slow downs and stops.

Here is the one I have.  Install is totally plug-and-play. Out with the old and in with the new.

Oh yes, WELCOME to our world!

Edited by nhchris
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09